C. botulinum BoNT-B Light Chain Antibody
C. botulinum BoNT-B Light Chain Antibody Summary
Accession # P10844
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Background: BoNT-B Light Chain
Botulinum Neurotoxin Type B is one of the seven serotypes of Botulinum Neurotoxins (BoNTs) produced by various strains of Clostridium botulinum (1, 2). BoNTs are synthesized as inactive single chain protein precursors and activated by proteolytic cleavage to generate disulfide-linked two-chain proteins. The 50 kDa light chain contains the catalytic domain, whereas the 100 kDa heavy chain contains an internal translocation domain and a receptor binding domain (3). BoNTs are the most potent protein toxins for humans. As zinc proteases, they cleave SNARE proteins to elicit flaccid paralysis in botulism by blocking acetylcholine release at the neuromuscular junction (2-4).
- Campbell K.D. et al. (1993) J. Clin. Microbiol. 31:2255.
- Montecucco, C. and Giampietro, S. (1993) Trends Biochem. Sci. 18:324.
- Turton, K. et al. (2002) Trends Biochem. Sci. 27:552.
- Schiavo, G. et al. (2000) Physiol. Rev. 80:717.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for C. botulinum BoNT-B Light Chain Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review C. botulinum BoNT-B Light Chain Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used C. botulinum BoNT-B Light Chain Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image