Human CXCL5/ENA-78 Biotinylated Antibody
Human CXCL5/ENA-78 Biotinylated Antibody Summary
Accession # P42830
Complete Your Research
Complete Your Experiment
Human CXCL5/ENA-78 Sandwich Immunoassay
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
CXCL5, also known as epithelial cell-derived neutrophil-activating peptide (ENA-78), is an 8 kDa proinflammatory member of the CXC subfamily of chemokines. Its Glu-Leu-Arg (ELR) motif confers angiogenic properties and distinguishes it from ELR-CXC chemokines which are angiostatic (1 - 3). Human CXCL5 shares 57% amino acid (aa) sequence identity with mouse and rat CXCL5. Among other human ELR+ chemokines, it shares 77% aa sequence identity with CXCL6/GCP-2 and 35% - 51% with CXCL1/GRO alpha, CXCL2/GRO beta, CXCL3/GRO gamma, CXCL7/NAP-2, and CXCL8/IL-8. Inflammatory stimulation upregulates CXCL5 production in multiple hematopoietic cell types, fibroblasts, endothelial cells, and vascular smooth muscle cells. In vivo, CXCL5 is elevated at sites of inflammation and pulmonary fibrosis where it promotes neutrophil infiltration and activation as well as angiogenesis (3 - 6). Its upregulation contributes to increased vascularization, tumor growth, and metastasis in many cancers (6 - 9). Full length CXCL5 (78 aa) is trimmed at the N-terminus by cathepsin G and chymotrypsin to ENA-74 (74 aa) and ENA-70 (70 aa), with the shortened forms showing increased potency relative to full length CXCL5 (10, 11). CXCL5 exerts its effects primarily through interactions with CXCR2 (6, 12). It also binds duffy antigen receptor for chemokines (DARC), which can limit CXCR2-mediated responses (13, 14).
- Strieter, R.M. et al. (2005) Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 16:593.
- Balestrieri, M.L. et al. (2008) Cardiovasc. Res. 78:250.
- Walz, A.. et al. (1991) J. Exp. Med. 174:1355.
- Strieter, R.M. et al. (1992) Immunol. Invest. 21:549.
- Koch, A.E. et al. (1994) J. Clin. Invest. 94:1012.
- Begley, L.A. et al. (2008) Neoplasia 10:244.
- Vandercappellen, J. et al. (2008) Cancer Lett. 267:226.
- Arenberg, D.A. et al. (1998) J. Clin. Invest. 102:465.
- Miyazaki, H. et al. (2006) Cancer Res. 66:4279.
- Wuyts, A. et al. (1999) Eur. J. Biochem. 260:421.
- Nufer, O. et al. (1999) Biochemistry 38:636.
- Ahuja, S.K. and P.M. Murphy (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271:20545.
- Kashiwazaki, M. et al. (2003) Int. Immunol. 15:1219.
- Horton, L.W. et al. (2007) Cancer Res. 67:9791.
Citations for Human CXCL5/ENA-78 Biotinylated Antibody
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
Citations: Showing 1 - 2
Filter your results:
Combination therapy: Synergistic suppression of virus-induced chemokines in airway epithelial cells.
Authors: Edwards MR, Johnson MW, Johnston SL
Am. J. Respir. Cell Mol. Biol., 2006;34(5):616-24.
Sample Types: Cell Culture Supernates
Applications: ELISA Development
Imbalance in the expression of CXC chemokines correlates with bronchoalveolar lavage fluid angiogenic activity and procollagen levels in acute respiratory distress syndrome.
Authors: Keane MP, Donnelly SC, Belperio JA, Goodman RB, Dy M, Burdick MD, Fishbein MC, Strieter RM
J. Immunol., 2002;169(11):6515-21.
Sample Types: BALF
Applications: ELISA Development
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Supplemental Cell Selection Products
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Human CXCL5/ENA-78 Biotinylated Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human CXCL5/ENA-78 Biotinylated Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human CXCL5/ENA-78 Biotinylated Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image