Human ECE-1 Antibody
Human ECE-1 Antibody Summary
Accession # P42892
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Endothelin-converting Enzyme 1 (ECE-1) is a zinc protease of the neprilysin (NEP) family, which also includes ECE-2, PEX, XCE, DINE, Kell and several NEP-like proteins (1). ECE-1 is a type II transmembrane protein with a short cytoplasmic tail and a large ectodomain. Four alternatively spliced isoforms differ in their cytoplasmic tail (2, 3). In addition to big endothelin-1, ECE-1 cleaves a variety of bioactive peptides such as bradykinin, neurotensin, angiotensin I, and substance P (1). Together with ECE-2, it is also involved in degradation of beta -amyloid peptide (4). The ectodomain of human ECE-1, which is common to all isoforms, was expressed with an N-terminal His tag and purified.
- Turner, A.J. et al. (2001) BioEssays 23:261.
- Valdennaire, O. et al. (1999) Eur. J. Biochem. 264:341.
- Schweizer, A. et al. (1997) Biochem. J. 328:871.
- Eckman, E.A. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278:2081.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human ECE-1 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human ECE-1 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human ECE-1 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image