Human Hepsin Antibody Summary
Ser46-Leu417 with Asp161Glu and Arg162Lys substitutions
Accession # P05981
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Detection of Human Hepsin by Western Blot. Western blot shows lysates of human prostate tissue, human liver tissue, LNCaP human prostate cancer cell line, and PC‑3 human prostate cancer cell line. PVDF membrane was probed with 2 µg/mL of Sheep Anti-Human Hepsin Antigen Affinity-purified Polyclonal Antibody (Catalog # AF4776) followed by HRP-conjugated Anti-Sheep IgG Secondary Antibody (Catalog # HAF016). A specific band was detected for Hepsin at approximately 45 kDa (as indicated). This experiment was conducted under reducing conditions and using Immunoblot Buffer Group 7.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Hepsin, also known as TMPRSS1, is a Type II membrane protein with an extracellular serine protease domain (1). It is most highly expressed in liver, but is also present in many other tissues, notably lung, kidney, and skeletal muscle (2). A soluble form of Hepsin lacking the transmembrane domain has been identified (3). Hepsin is capable of activating Factor VII, and may initiate blood coagulation at the cell surface (4). Hepsin is overexpressed in various human tumors, including prostate (5), and is considered to be a biomarker for prostate cancer (6).
- Leytus, S.P. et al. (1988) Biochemistry 27:1067.
- Tsuji, A. et al. (1991) J. Biol. Chem. 266:16948.
- Li, Y. et al. (2005) Biomed. Biochim. Acta 1681:157.
- Kazama, Y. et al. (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270:66.
- Dhanasekaran, S.M. et al. (2001) Nature 412:822.
- Wu, Q. and Parry, G. (2007) Front. Biosci. 12:5052.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human Hepsin Antibody
Average Rating: 5 (Based on 1 Review)
Have you used Human Hepsin Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image