Human IL-31 Biotinylated Antibody
Human IL-31 Biotinylated Antibody Summary
Accession # NP_001014358
Human IL-31 Sandwich Immunoassay
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Human Interleukin-31 (IL-31) is a 24 kDa, short-chain member of the alpha -helical family of cytokines. The human IL-31 cDNA encodes a 164 amino acid (aa) precursor that contains a 23 aa signal peptide and a 141 aa mature protein (1, 2). The mature region shows four alpha -helices which would be expected to show a typical up-up-down-down topology. Human and mouse IL-31 share 24% aa sequence identity in the mature region (1). IL-31 is mainly associated with activated T cells and preferentially expressed by Th2 rather than Th1 cells. IL-31 signals via a heterodimeric receptor complex composed of a 120 kDa, gp130-related molecule termed IL-31 RA (also GPL and GLM-R) and the 180 kDa oncostatin M receptor (OSM R beta ) (2 - 6). In the complex, IL-31 directly binds to GPL, not OSM R (2, 3). IL-31 signaling has been shown to involve the Jak/STAT pathway, the PI3 kinase/AKT cascade, and the MAP kinase pathway (2 - 5). Although multiple isoforms of IL-31 RA are known, only a form that contains the entire length of the cytoplasmic domain is signaling-capable (2, 3). The IL-31 receptor is constitutively expressed by keratinocytes and upregulated by IFN-gamma on monocytes (1). Studies using transgenic mice indicate that IL-31 may contribute to the pruritis (itching) associated with nonatopic dermatitis (1, 7).
- Dillon, S.R. et al. (2004) Nat. Immunol. 5:752.
- Diveu, C. et al. (2004) Eur. Cytokine Netw. 15:291.
- Dreuw, A. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279:36112.
- Diveu, C. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278:49850.
- Ghilardi, N. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem 277:16831.
- Mosley, B. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271:32635.
- Takaoka, A. et al. (2005) Eur. J. Pharmacol. 516:180.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Supplemental Cell Selection Products
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Human IL-31 Biotinylated Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human IL-31 Biotinylated Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human IL-31 Biotinylated Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image