Human Vimentin Biotinylated Antibody
Human Vimentin Biotinylated Antibody Summary
Accession # P08670
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Vimentin is a 57 kDa class III intermediate filament (IF) protein that belongs to the intermediate filament family. It is the predominant IF in cells of mesenchymal origin such as vascular endothelium and blood cells (1‑3). The human Vimentin cDNA encodes a 466 amino acid (aa) protein that contains head and tail regions with multiple regulatory Ser/Thr phosphorylation sites, and a central rod domain with three coiled-coil regions separated by linkers (1, 2). Human Vimentin shares 97‑98% aa identity with mouse, rat, ovine, bovine and canine Vimentin. Sixteen Vimentin coiled-coil dimers self-assemble to form intermediate (10‑12 nm wide) filaments (4). These filaments then anneal longitudinally to form non-polarized fibers that support cell structure and withstand stress (4). IF fibers are highly dynamic, and half-life depends on the balance between kinase and phosphatase activity. For example, phosphorylation followed by dephosphorylation drives IF disintegration, followed by reorganization during mitosis (1, 5, 6). Interactions of head and tail domains link IFs with other structures such as actin and microtubule cytoskeletons (7). Vimentin is involved in positioning autophagosomes, lysosomes and the Golgi complex within the cell (8). It facilitates cell migration and motility by recycling internalized trailing edge integrins back to the cell surface at the leading edge (9‑11). Vimentin helps maintain the lipid composition of cellular membranes, and caspase cleavage of Vimentin is a key event in apoptosis (8, 12). Phosphorylation promotes secretion of Vimentin by TNF-alpha -stimulated macrophages (13). Extracellular Vimentin has been shown to associate with several microbes, and appears to promote an antimicrobial oxidative burst (13, 14). Cell-associated Vimentin can also interact with NKp46 to recruit NK cells to tuberculosis-infected monocytes (15).
- Omary, M.B. et al. (2006) Trends Biochem. Sci. 31:383.
- Ivaska, J. et al. (2007) Exp. Cell Res. 313:2050.
- Ferrari, S. et al. (1986) Mol. Cell. Biol. 6:3614.
- Sokolova, A.V. et al. (2006) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 103:16206.
- Eriksson, J.E. et al. (2004) J. Cell Sci. 117:919.
- Li, Q.-F. et al. (2006) J. Biol. Chem. 281:34716.
- Esue, O. et al. (2006) J. Biol. Chem. 281:30393.
- Styers, M.L. et al. (2005) Traffic 6:359.
- McInroy, L. and A. Maata (2007) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 360:109.
- Nieminen, M. et al. (2006) Nat. Cell Biol. 8:156.
- Ivaska, J. et al. (2005) EMBO J. 24:3834.
- Byun, Y. et al. (2001) Cell Death Differ. 8:443.
- Mor-Vaknin, N. et al. (2003) Nat. Cell Biol. 5:59.
- Zou, Y. et al. (2006) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 351:625.
- Garg, A. et al. (2006) J. Immunol. 177:6192.
Citation for Human Vimentin Biotinylated Antibody
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
1 Citation: Showing 1 - 1
Magnetic Nanowire Networks for Dual-Isolation and Detection of Tumor-Associated Circulating Biomarkers
Authors: H Lee, M Choi, J Lim, M Jo, JY Han, TM Kim, Y Cho
Applications: Functional Assay
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Supplemental Cell Selection Products
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Human Vimentin Biotinylated Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human Vimentin Biotinylated Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human Vimentin Biotinylated Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image