Mouse Latexin Antibody
Mouse Latexin Antibody Summary
Accession # P70202
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Latexin, also known as tissue carboxypeptidase inhibitor, is the only mammalian carboxypeptidase inhibitor identified so far. Latexin was initially identified as a marker of neurons in the lateral neocortex of the developing brain (hence Latexin) (1). Further studies have shown that Latexin is highly expressed in mast cells and macrophages (2, 3). It is induced in acute pancreatitis and lung inflammatory disease. In addition, it is able to inhibit carboxypeptidases from the pancreas (CPA1 and CPA2) and mast cells (CPA3) (4). Therefore, it is thought that Latexin primarily functions in inflammation and innate immunity pathways. Compared to other carboxypeptidase inhibitors from plants and parasites, the 222 amino acid Latexin is much larger and more importantly, it lacks some conserved C-terminal residues, which interact with the target carboxypeptidase in a substrate-like manner (5). This distinct feature of Latexin suggests that it has a different carboxypeptidase inhibition mechanism.
- Arimatsu, Y. et al. (1994) Neurosci. Res. 20:131.
- Uratani, Y. et al. (2000) Biochem. J. 346:817.
- Aagaard A. et al. (2005) Structure 13:309.
- Normant E. et al. (1995) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 92:12225.
- Reverter D. et al. (2000) Nat. Struct. Biol. 7:322.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Mouse Latexin Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Mouse Latexin Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Mouse Latexin Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image