Mouse LRPAP Antibody Summary
Accession # P55302
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Detection of Mouse LRPAP by Western Blot. Western blot shows lysates of D3 mouse embryonic stem cell line. PVDF membrane was probed with 1 µg/mL of Sheep Anti-Mouse LRPAP Antigen Affinity-purified Polyclonal Antibody (Catalog # AF4480) followed by HRP-conjugated Anti-Sheep IgG Secondary Antibody (Catalog # HAF016). A specific band was detected for LRPAP at approximately 42 kDa (as indicated). This experiment was conducted under reducing conditions and using Immunoblot Buffer Group 8.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
LRPAP (LDL receptor-related protein-associated protein 1; also named RAP) is a ubiquitously expressed 39 kDa molecular chaperone for LDL receptor family proteins (1, 2). Mature mouse LRPAP is 332 amino acids (aa) in length and secreted into the ER/Golgi of the cell. It shares 77% and 97% aa sequence identity with human and rat LRPAP, respectively. LRPAP contains three approximately 100 aa alpha -helical domains (D1‑D3). The D1 domain contains a low affinity binding site for LRP, and the associated D2 and D3 domains bind LRP with high affinity (4). Domains D2 and D3 interact with each other, while D1 is independent (3). The majority of LRPAP is localized in the endoplasmic reticulum and Golgi (5). LRPAP prevents the premature interaction of LRP, LRP2/megalin, and VLDLR with their co-expressed ligands, thereby promoting proper receptor folding and export from the ER (6‑8). Protonation of conserved histidine residues within the D3 domain induces the separation of LRPAP and LRP in the relatively acidic Golgi (9). LRPAP, which contains a C-terminal HNEL motif, can then recycle to the ER (9). A minor amount of LRPAP remains associated with LRP and can modulate receptor activity on the cell surface (5). Exogenously applied LRPAP competitively inhibits LDL receptor family binding and uptake of activated alpha 2-macroglobulin, apoB100- or apoE-enriched LDL and VLDL particles, cholesteryl esters, and complexes of PAI-1 with either tPA or uPA (10‑14).
- Furukawa, T. et al. (1990) J. Biochem. 108:297.
- Bu, G. (2001) Int. Rev. Cytol. 209:79.
- Lazic, A. et al. (2003) Biochemistry 42:14913.
- Lazic, A. et al. (2006) Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 450:167.
- Bu, G. et al. (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269:29874.
- Willnow, T.E. et al. (1996) EMBO J. 15:2632.
- Bu, G. and S. Rennke (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271:22218.
- Obermoeller, L.M. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272:10761.
- Lee, D. et al. (2006) Mol. Cell 22:423.
- Williams, S.E. et al. (1992) J. Biol. Chem. 267:9035.
- Medh, J.D. et al. (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270:536.
- Herz, J. et al. (1991) J. Biol. Chem. 266:21232.
- Mokuno, H. et al. (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269:13238.
- Orth, K. et al. (1992) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 89:7422.
Citation for Mouse LRPAP Antibody
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
1 Citation: Showing 1 - 1
Low-density lipoprotein receptor represents an apolipoprotein E-independent pathway of Abeta uptake and degradation by astrocytes.
Authors: Basak JM, Verghese PB, Yoon H, Kim J, Holtzman DM
J. Biol. Chem., 2012;287(17):13959-71.
Sample Types: Cell Lysates
Applications: Western Blot
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Mouse LRPAP Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Mouse LRPAP Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Mouse LRPAP Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image