Mouse/Rat Transglutaminase 2/TGM2 Antibody Summary
Accession # P21981
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Detection of Mouse and Rat Transglutaminase 2/
TGM2 by Western Blot.
Western blot shows lysates of mouse lung tissue and rat lung tissue. PVDF Membrane was probed with 1 µg/mL of Sheep Anti-Mouse/Rat Transglutaminase 2/TGM2 Polyclonal Antibody (Catalog # AF5418) followed by HRP-conjugated Anti-Sheep IgG Secondary Antibody (Catalog # HAF016). A specific band was detected for Transglutaminase 2/TGM2 at approximately 80-85 kDa (as indicated). This experiment was conducted under reducing conditions and using Immunoblot Buffer Group 8.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Background: Transglutaminase 2/TGM2
Transglutaminase 2 (TG2), encoded by the Tgm2 gene, is also known as tissue Transglutaminase (tTG), Transglutaminase C (TGC), and protein-glutamine-gamma -glutamyltransferase. It belongs to the family of transglutaminases that catalyze the posttranslational modification of proteins via calcium dependent cross-linking reactions (1‑3). In addition to its function in protein cross-linking, TGM2 is also capable of hydrolyzing both GTP and ATP (4) and has intrinsic kinase activity (5). TGM2 has been implicated in a variety of human diseases including celiac disease, inclusion body myositis, atherosclerosis, and neurodegenerative diseases (6, 7).
- Gentile, V. et al. (1991) J. Biol. Chem. 266:478.
- Chen, J.S.K. and Mehta K. (1999) Internat. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 31:817.
- Griffin, M. et al. (2002) Biochem. J. 368:377.
- Lai, T.S. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273:1776.
- Mishra, S. et al. (2007) J. Biol. Chem. 282:18108.
- Kim, S-Y. et al. (2002) Neurochem. Int. 40:85.
- Lesort, M. et al. (2000) Prog. Neurobiol. 61:439.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Mouse/Rat Transglutaminase 2/TGM2 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Mouse/Rat Transglutaminase 2/TGM2 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Mouse/Rat Transglutaminase 2/TGM2 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image