Mouse Resistin Biotinylated Antibody
Mouse Resistin Biotinylated Antibody Summary
Accession # Q99P87
Mouse Resistin Sandwich Immunoassay
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Resistin, also known as adipocyte-specific secretory factor (ADSF) and found in inflammatory zone 3 (FIZZ3), is a member of a family of secreted cysteine-rich peptide hormones that also includes Resistin-like molecules RELM alpha, beta, and gamma. These molecules play important roles in inflammation, glucose metabolism, and insulin resistance (1, 2). Mature mouse Resistin is a 12 kDa protein with an N-terminal alpha -helical domain and a C-terminal beta -sandwich domain that is stabilized by multiple intrachain disulfide bonds (3). Resistin circulates as noncovalent trimers and disulfide-linked hexamers, with the trimeric form showing greater bioactivity (3, 4). Resistin can also form multimers with RELM beta (4). Mature mouse Resistin shares 56% and 72% amino acid (aa) sequence identity with human and rat Resistin, respectively. It shares 34% - 42% aa sequence identity with mouse RELM alpha, beta, and gamma. In rodents, Resistin is expressed by adipocytes and in the pituitary and arcuate nucleus of the hypothalamus (5 - 9). It is upregulated during adipogenesis, in obesity, and by insulin or a high carbohydrate diet (5, 6). This is in contrast to human Resistin which is produced by macrophages and monocytes but not by adipocytes (9 - 12). Mouse Resistin induces proinflammatory molecule production in adipocytes and promotes hepatic gluconeogenesis and insulin resistance (5, 7). Human Resistin promotes lipolysis by human and mouse adipocytes, but mouse Resistin does not promote lipolysis by adipocytes of either species (10). Both mouse and human Resistin promote vascular endothelial cell sprouting in vitro and inflammatory reactions in vivo (13 - 16).
- Adeghate, E. (2004) Cell. Mol. Life Sci. 61:2485.
- Asano, T. et al. (2006) Curr. Diabetes Rev. 2:449.
- Patel, S.D. et al. (2004) Science 304:1154.
- Chen, J. et al. (2002) J. Endocrinol. 175:499.
- Steppan, C.M. et al. (2001) Nature 409:307.
- Kim, K-H. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276:11252.
- Banerjee, R.R. et al. (2004) Science 303:1195.
- Rajala, M.W. et al. (2002) Mol. Endocrinol. 16:1920.
- Morash, B.A. et al. (2002) FEBS Lett. 526:26.
- Ort, T. et al. (2005) Endocrinology 146:2200.
- Nagaev, I. et al. (2006) Plos ONE 1:e31.
- Savage, D.B. et al. (2001) Diabetes 50:2199.
- Mu, H. et al. (2006) Cardiovasc. Res. 70:146.
- Robertson, S.A. et al. (2008) Regul. Pept. August 5 epub.
- Bokarewa, M. et al. (2005) J. Immunol. 174:5789.
- Burnett, M.S. et al. (2005) Atherosclerosis 182:241.
Citation for Mouse Resistin Biotinylated Antibody
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
1 Citation: Showing 1 - 1
Facilitated in vivo synthesis of ribonucleic acid and protein via T7 RNA polymerase.
Authors: Wang TH, Yu SH, Au LC
Anal. Biochem., 2007-12-07;375(1):97-104.
Sample Types: Cell Culture Supernates
Applications: Slot Blot
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Supplemental Cell Selection Products
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Mouse Resistin Biotinylated Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Mouse Resistin Biotinylated Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Mouse Resistin Biotinylated Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image