Mouse TSG-6 Biotinylated Antibody
Mouse TSG-6 Biotinylated Antibody Summary
Accession # O08859
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
TSG-6 (TNF-stimulated gene 6; also named TNFIP6) is a secreted, 35‑39 kDa group A member of the LINK-Module superfamily of proteins (1‑4). Mouse TSG-6 is synthesized as a 275 amino acid (aa) precursor. It contains a 17 aa signal sequence and a 258 aa mature region (5, 6). The mature region has an N-terminal link module (aa 36‑129) and a C-terminal CUB (C1s/C1r; urchin embryonic growth factor; BMP1) domain (aa 135‑246). Link modules bind hyaluronan (HA) and participate in extracellular matrix (ECM) assembly (7). Mature mouse TSG-6 shares 97%, 94% and 94% aa identity with rat, human and canine TSG-6, respectively. Cells reported to express TGF-6 include activated fibroblasts, synoviocytes, chondrocytes, neutrophils, proximal tubular epithelium, bronchial epithelium, endothelium, and visceral plus vascular smooth muscle (2, 8). TSG-6 has multiple functions, many of which involve the ECM. It is suggested to stabilize HA‑rich ECM. It does so by serving as an intermediary, or as a link between the individual subunits of the extracellular decameric pentraxin 3 and the surrounding hyaluronan matrix (9). It also provides structure and organization to hyaluronan. This is accomplished by a TSG-6 mediated transfer of an 80‑85 kDa protein subunit from I alpha I (inter-alpha -inhibitor) to HA. I alpha I is a four-component, 225 kDa serine protease inhibitor. It contains a protease inhibitor subunit (bikunin), two independent, accompaning protein chains (HC1 and HC2), and a short chondroitin sulfate linking moiety. TSG-6 is a catalyst for the removal and transient binding of either HC chain. Each chain is subsequently transferred and covalently-linked to the surrounding HA. This provides substance and reinforcement to the ECM (1, 2, 10, 11, 12). This disassembly of I alpha I also leads to free bikunin, which in the “free” state becomes a potent inhibitor of serine proteases (8).
- Milner, C.M. et al. (2006) Biochem. Soc. Trans. 34:446.
- Milner, C.M. and A.J. Day (2003) J. Cell Sci. 116:1863.
- Wisnieewski, H-G. and J. Vilcek (2004) Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 15:129.
- Blundell, C.D. et al. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280:18189.
- Fulop, C. et al. (1997) Gene 202:95.
- Fulop, C. et al. (2003) Development 130:2253.
- Kohda, D. et al. (1996) Cell 86:767.
- Forteza, R. et al. (2007) Am. J. Respir. Cell Mol. Biol. 36:20.
- Salustri, A. et al. (2003) Development 131:1577.
- Rugg, M.S. et al. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280:25674.
- Sanggaard, K.W. et al. (2006) Biochemistry 45:7661.
- Sanggaard, K.W. et al. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280:11936.
Citation for Mouse TSG-6 Biotinylated Antibody
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
1 Citation: Showing 1 - 1
Hyaluronan Rafts on Airway Epithelial Cells.
Authors: Abbadi A, Lauer M, Swaidani S, Wang A, Hascall V
J Biol Chem, 2016;291(3):1448-55.
Sample Types: Cell Lysates
Applications: Western Blot
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Supplemental Cell Selection Products
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Mouse TSG-6 Biotinylated Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Mouse TSG-6 Biotinylated Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Mouse TSG-6 Biotinylated Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image