Rat CD25/IL-2R alpha PE-conjugated Antibody Summary
Accession # P26897
Complete Your Research
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Detection of CD25/IL-2 R alpha in Rat Splenocytes by Flow Cytometry. Rat splenocytes were stained with APC-conjugated anti-rat CD4 antibody and either (A) Mouse Anti-Rat CD25/IL-2 R alpha PE-conjugated Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # FAB51561P) or (B) Mouse IgG1Phycoerythrin Isotype Control (Catalog # IC002P). View our protocol for Staining Membrane-associated Proteins.
Preparation and Storage
Background: CD25/IL-2R alpha
IL-2 receptor alpha (IL-2 R alpha ), also known as CD25, is a 55 kDa type I transmembrane (TM) glycoprotein that functionally belongs to a family of cytokine receptors that utilize the common gamma chain subunit ( gamma c) (1-3). IL-2 R alpha is expressed on activated T cells, and on regulatory T cells (Treg), mast cells, fibroblasts, NK cells, endthelial cells and pre-B cells (4-6). The rat IL-2 R alpha cDNA encodes a 267 amino acid (aa) precursor that includes a 21 aa signal peptide, a 214 aa extracellular domain (ECD) with two Sushi domains, a 21 aa transmembrane segment, and an 11 aa cytoplasmic domain (7). Within the ECD, rat IL-2 R alpha shares 58% and 81% aa sequence identity with human and mouse IL-2 R alpha, respectively. It shares approximately 15% aa sequence identity with IL-4, -7, -9, -15, and -21 receptor subunits that also complex with gamma c. By itself, IL-2 R alpha binds IL-2 with low affinity. It then associates with IL-2 R beta and subsequently to gamma c to generate a ternary high affinity IL-2 receptor complex. Notably, it would appear that IL-2 R alpha also plays a role in the formation of supramolecular membrane complexes that also include MHC-II molecules and additional gamma c -related alpha -chains (8). A soluble form of IL-2 R alpha can be generated by proteolytic cleavage of the cell surface receptor, rendering the T cell unresponsive to IL-2 (9, 10). Increased serum levels of soluble IL-2 R alpha are found in some cancers and immune disorders (11). IL-2 R alpha is required for activation induced cell death (AICD) of naive T cells, a mechanism responsible for deleting autoreactive T cell clones (12, 13). IL-2 R alpha is also required for the development of CD4+CD25+ Treg which suppress autoreactive CD4+ T cells, thereby contributing to peripheral T cell homeostasis (12-15).
- Bodnar, A. et al. (2008) Immunol. Lett. 116:117.
- Kovanen, P.E. and W.J. Leonard (2004) Immunol. Rev. 202:67.
- Bluestone, J.A. and Q. Tang (2005) Curr. Opin. Immunol. 17:638.
- Alvarez-Twose, I. et al. (2012) Int. J. Lab. Hematol. 116:117.
- Letourneau, S. et al. (2009) J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 123:758.
- Malek, T.R. and I. Castro (2010) Immunity 33:153.
- Page, T.H. and M.J. Dallman (1991) Eur. J. Immunol. 21:2133.
- Nizsaloczki, E. et al. (2014) Chempsychem. 15:3969.
- Wagner, D.K. et al. (1986) J. Immunol. 137:592.
- Schulz, O. et al. (1998) J. Exp. Med. 187:271.
- Witkowska, A.M. (2005) Mediators Inflamm. 2005:121.
- Willerford, D.M. et al. (1995) Immunity 3:521.
- Van Parijs, L. et al. (1997) J. Immunol. 158:3738.
- Almeida, A.R.M. et al. (2002) J. Immunol. 169:4850.
- Bayer, A.L. et al. (2013) Immunol. Res. 57:197.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Rat CD25/IL-2R alpha PE-conjugated Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Rat CD25/IL-2R alpha PE-conjugated Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Rat CD25/IL-2R alpha PE-conjugated Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image