Cynomolgus Monkey LAG-3 Antibody Summary
Accession # XP_005570011.1
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Detection of LAG-3 in HEK293 Human Cell Line Transfected with Cynomolgus Monkey LAG-3 and eGFP by Flow Cytometry. HEK293 human embryonic kidney cell line transfected with (A) cynomolgus monkey LAG-3 or (B) irrelevant protein and eGFP was stained with Rabbit Anti-Cynomolgus Monkey LAG-3 Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB10395) followed by APC-conjugated Anti-Rabbit IgG Secondary Antibody (Catalog # F0111). Quadrant markers were set based on control antibody staining (Catalog # MAB1050). View our protocol for Staining Membrane-associated Proteins.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
LAG-3 (Lymphocyte activation gene-3), designated CD223, is a type I transmembrane protein that is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily (IgSF) (1, 2). LAG ‑ 3 shares approximately 20% amino acid (aa) sequence homology with CD4, but has similar structure and binds to MHC class II with higher affinity, providing negative regulation of T cell receptor signaling (1, 2). The mature cynomolgus LAG-3 includes an extracellular domain (ECD) with four Ig-like domains, a transmembrane region and a highly charged cytoplasmic region. Within the ECD, cynomolgus LAG-3 shares 92%, 69% and 68% aa sequence identity with human, mouse and rat LAG-3, respectively. LAG-3 is expressed on activated CD4+ and CD8+ T cells, NK cells, and plasmacytoid dendritic cells (pDC), but not on resting T cells (1-3). LAG-3 on activated CD4+CD25+ Treg cells plays a role in their suppressive activity (4). LAG-3 limits the expansion of activated T cells and pDC in response to selected stimuli (3-5). A soluble 54 kDa form, sLAG-3, can be shed by metalloproteinases ADAM10 and TACE/ADAM17 (6, 7). While monomeric sLAG-3 itself may be inactive, shedding allows for normal T cell activation by removing negative regulation (7). Binding of sLAG-3 to MHC class II molecules induces maturation of immature DC, and secretion of cytokines such as IFN-gamma and TNF-alpha by type 1 cytotoxic CD8+ T cells and NK cells (8, 9). sLAG-3 has been used as a potential adjuvant to stimulate a cytotoxic anti-cancer immune response (9, 10). In mice, deletion of LAG-3 and another negative regulator, PD-1, facilitates anti-cancer response but also blocks self-tolerance and increases susceptibility to autoimmune diseases (11, 12). In humans, antibody-mediated down‑regulation of LAG-3 and PD-1 allows more effective control of chronic malaria, while in NOD (non‑obese diabetic) mice, deletion of LAG-3 alone accelerates diabetes (12-14). In addition, LAG-3 is an immune checkpoint protein that modulates T-cell activation and homeostasis and is a promising target for cancer immunotherapies (15, 16).
- Triebel, F. et al. (1990) J. Exp. Med. 171:1393.
- Baixeras, E. et al. (1992) J. Exp. Med 176:327.
- Workman, C.J. et al. (2004) J. Immunol. 172:5450.
- Huang, C.T. et al. (2004) Immunity 21:503.
- Workman, C.J. et al. (2009) J. Immunol. 182:1885.
- Li, N. et al. (2004) J. Immunol. 173:6806.
- Li, N. et al. (2007) EMBO J. 26:494.
- Andreae, S. et al. (2003) Blood 102:2130.
- Brignone, C. et al. (2007) J. Immunol. 179:4202.
- Brignone, C. et al. (2010) J. Transl. Med. 8:71.
- Woo, S.R. et al. (2011) Cancer Res. 72:917.
- Okazaki, T. et al. (2011) J. Exp. Med. 208:395.
- Bettini, M. et al. (2011) J. Immunol. 187:3493.
- Butler, N.S. et al. (2012) Nat. Immunol. 13:188.
- Durham N.M. et al. (2014) PLoS One. 9:e109080.
- Deng W.W. et al. (2016) Oncoimmunology. 5:e1239005
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Cynomolgus Monkey LAG-3 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Cynomolgus Monkey LAG-3 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Cynomolgus Monkey LAG-3 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image