Human Endoglin/CD105 Biotinylated Antibody
Human Endoglin/CD105 Biotinylated Antibody Summary
Accession # Q5T9B9
Complete Your Research
Complete Your Experiment
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Endoglin (CD105) is a 90 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein of the zona pellucida (ZP) family of proteins (1‑3). Endoglin and betaglycan/T beta RIII are type III receptors for TGF beta superfamily ligands, sharing 71% aa identity in the transmembrane (TM) and cytoplasmic domains. Endoglin is highly expressed on proliferating vascular endothelial cells, chondrocytes, and syncytiotrophoblasts of term placenta, with lower amounts on hematopoietic, mesenchymal and neural crest stem cells, activated monocytes, and lymphoid and myeloid leukemic cells (2‑5). Human Endoglin cDNA encodes 658 amino acids (aa) including a 25 aa signal sequence, a 561 aa extracellular domain (ECD) with an orphan domain and a two-part ZP domain, a TM domain and a 47 aa cytoplasmic domain (1‑3). An isoform with a 14 aa cytoplasmic domain (S-endoglin) can oppose effects of long (L) Endoglin (6, 7). The human Endoglin ECD shares 65-72% aa identity with mouse, rat, bovine, porcine and canine Endoglin. Endoglin homodimers interact with TGF-beta 1 and TGF-beta 3 (but not TGF-beta 2), but only after binding T beta RII (8). Similarly, they interact with activin-A and BMP-7 via activin type IIA or B receptors, and with BMP-2 via BMPR-1A/ALK-3 or BMPR-1B/ALK-6 (9). BMP-9, however, is reported to bind Endoglin directly (10). Endoglin modifies ligand-induced signaling in multiple ways. For example, expression of Endoglin can inhibit TGF-beta 1 signals but enhance BMP7 signals in the same myoblast cell line (11). In endothelial cells, Endoglin inhibits T beta RI/ALK5, but enhances ALK1-mediated activation (12). Deletion of mouse Endoglin causes lethal vascular and cardiovascular defects, and human Endoglin haploinsufficiency can a cause the vascular disorder, hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia type I (13, 14). These abnormalities confirm the essential function of Endoglin in differentiation of smooth muscle, angiogenesis, and neovascularization (2‑4, 12‑14). In preeclampsia of pregnancy, high levels of proteolytically generated soluble Endoglin and VEGF R1 (sFLT1), along with low placental growth factor (PlGF), are pathogenic due to antiangiogenic activity (15).
- Gougos, A. and Letarte, M. (1990) J. Biol. Chem. 265:8361.
- ten Dijke, P. et al. (2008) Angiogenesis 11:79.
- Bernabeu, C. et al. (2007) J. Cell. Biochem. 102:1375.
- Mancini, M.L. et al. (2007) Dev. Biol. 308:520.
- Moody, J.L. et al. (2007) Stem Cells 25:2809.
- Velasco, S. et al. (2008) J. Cell Sci. 121:913.
- Perez-Gomez, E. et al. (2005) Oncogene 24:4450.
- Cheifetz, S, et al. (1992) J. Biol. Chem. 267:19027.
- Barbara, N.P. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274:584.
- Scharpfenecker, M. et al. (2007) J. Cell Sci. 120:964.
- Scherner, O. et al. (2007) J. Biol. Chem. 282:13934.
- Pece-Barbara, N. et al. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280:27800.
- Arthur, H.M. et al. (2000) Dev. Biol. 217:42.
- Lebrin, F. and C.L. Mummery (2008) Trends Cardiovasc. Med. 18:25.
- Venkatesha, S. et al. (2006) Nat. Med. 12:642.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Supplemental Cell Selection Products
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Human Endoglin/CD105 Biotinylated Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human Endoglin/CD105 Biotinylated Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human Endoglin/CD105 Biotinylated Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image