Human GM-CSF Biotinylated Antibody
Human GM-CSF Biotinylated Antibody Summary
Accession # P04141
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
GM-CSF was initially characterized as a factor that can support the in vitro colony formation of granulocyte-macrophage progenitors. It is also a growth factor for erythroid, megakaryocyte, and eosinophil progenitors. GM-CSF is produced by a number of different cell types (including T cells, B cells, macrophages, mast cells, endothelial cells, fibroblasts, and adipocytes) in response to cytokine or inflammatory stimuli. On mature hematopoietic cells, GM-CSF is a survival factor for and activates the effector functions of granulocytes, monocytes/macrophages, and eosinophils (1, 2). GM-CSF promotes a Th1 biased immune response, angiogenesis, allergic inflammation, and the development of autoimmunity (3 - 5). It shows clinical effectiveness in ameliorating chemotherapy-induced neutropenia, and GM-CSF transfected tumor cells are utilized as cancer vaccines (6, 7). The 22 kDa glycosylated GM-CSF, similar to IL-3 and IL-5, is a cytokine with a core of four bundled alpha -helices (8 - 12). Mature human GM-CSF shares 63% - 70% amino acid sequence identity with canine, feline, porcine, and rat GM-CSF and 54% with mouse GM-CSF. GM-CSF exerts its biological effects through a heterodimeric receptor complex composed of GM-CSF R alpha /CD116 and the signal transducing common beta chain (CD131) which is also a component of the high-affinity receptors for IL-3 and IL-5 (13, 14). In addition, GM-CSF binds a naturally occurring soluble form of GM-CSF R alpha (15). Human GM-CSF is active on canine and feline cells but not on murine cells (16 - 18).
- Martinez-Moczygemba, M. and D.P. Huston (2003) J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 112:653.
- Barreda, D.R. et al. (2004) Dev. Comp. Immunol. 28:509.
- Eksioglu, E.A. et al. (2007) Exp. Hematol. 35:1163.
- Cao, Y. (2007) J. Clin. Invest. 117:2362.
- Fleetwood, A.J. et al. (2005) Crit. Rev. Immunol. 25:405.
- Heuser, M. et al. (2007) Semin. Hematol. 44:148.
- Hege, K.M. et al. (2006) Int. Rev. Immunol. 25:321.
- Kaushansky, K. et al. (1992) Biochemistry 31:1881.
- Diederichs, K. et al. (1991) Science 254:1779.
- Cantrell, M.A. et al. (1985) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 82:6250.
- Lee, F. et al. (1985) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 82:4360.
- Wong, G.G. et al. (1985) Science 228:810.
- Onetto-Pothier, N. et al. (1990) Blood 75:59.
- Hayashida, K. et al. (1990) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 87:9655.
- Pelley, J.L. et al. (2007) Exp. Hematol. 35:1483.
- Hogge, G.S. et al. (1990) Cancer Gene Ther. 6:26.
- Sprague, W.S. et al. (2005) J. Comp. Pathol. 133:136.
- Shanafelt, A.B. et al. (1991) J. Biol. Chem. 266:13804.
Citation for Human GM-CSF Biotinylated Antibody
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
1 Citation: Showing 1 - 1
Abnormal activation and cytokine spectra in lymph nodes of people chronically infected with HIV-1.
Authors: Biancotto A, Grivel JC, Iglehart SJ, Vanpouille C, Lisco A, Sieg SF, Debernardo R, Garate K, Rodriguez B, Margolis LB, Lederman MM
Sample Types: Cell Culture Supernates
Applications: Luminex Development
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Supplemental Cell Selection Products
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Human GM-CSF Biotinylated Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human GM-CSF Biotinylated Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human GM-CSF Biotinylated Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image