Human Haptoglobin Quantikine ELISA Kit Summary
Serum-free Cell Culture Supernates, Serum, EDTA Plasma, Heparin Plasma, Saliva, Urine
|Intra-Assay Precision||Inter-Assay Precision|
The recovery of human haptoglobin spiked to levels throughout the range of the assay was evaluated.
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Serum-free Cell Culture Media (n=4)||101||94-107|
Human Haptoglobin ELISA Standard Curve
Preparation and Storage
Haptoglobin is an acute phase glycoprotein that is an inactive member of the peptidase S1 family of serine proteases. It is secreted by multiple cell types and binds with high affinity to circulating Hemoglobin. Association of Haptoglobin with free Hemoglobin protects tissues from Hemoglobin-mediated oxidative damage and facilitates Hemoglobin clearance. In addition, Haptoglobin has anti-inflammatory properties that are independent of Hemoglobin binding. It inhibits prostaglandin synthesis, scavenges nitric oxide, dampens the inflammatory response to endotoxins, and inhibits T cell proliferation and neutrophil respiratory bursts. Deletion of Haptoglobin in mice facilitates the development of autoimmune inflammation.
Assay ProcedureRefer to the product
- Prepare all reagents, standard dilutions, and samples as directed in the product insert.
- Remove excess microplate strips from the plate frame, return them to the foil pouch containing the desiccant pack, and reseal.
- Add 200 µL of Assay Diluent to each well.
- Add 20 µL of Standard, control, or sample to each well. Cover with a plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours on a horizontal orbital microplate shaker.
- Aspirate each well and wash, repeating the process 3 times for a total of 4 washes.
- Add 200 µL of Conjugate to each well. Cover with a new plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours on the shaker.
- Aspirate and wash 4 times.
- Add 200 µL Substrate Solution to each well. Incubate at room temperature for 30 minutes on the benchtop. PROTECT FROM LIGHT.
- Add 50 µL of Stop Solution to each well. Read at 450 nm within 30 minutes. Set wavelength correction to 540 nm or 570 nm.
Citations for Human Haptoglobin Quantikine ELISA Kit
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
Citations: Showing 1 - 4
Filter your results:
Association between serum haptoglobin and carotid arterial functions: usefulness of a targeted metabolomics approach
Authors: S Wang, J Wang, R Zhang, A Zhao, X Zheng, D Yan, F Jiang, W Jia, C Hu, W Jia
Cardiovasc Diabetol, 2019;18(1):8.
Sample Types: Serum
Lipid metabolism impairment in patients with sepsis secondary to hospital acquired pneumonia, a proteomic analysis
Authors: NK Sharma, BL Ferreira, AK Tashima, MKC Brunialti, RJS Torquato, A Bafi, M Assuncao, LCP Azevedo, R Salomao
Clin Proteomics, 2019;16(0):29.
Sample Types: Plasma
Genetic markers for urine haptoglobin is associated with decline in renal function in type 2 diabetes in East Asians
Authors: RL Gurung, R Dorajoo, S Liu, Y M, JJ Liu, L Wang, L Guo, X Yu, JJ Liu, SC Lim
Sci Rep, 2018;8(1):5109.
Sample Types: Urine
Mendelian randomization analysis to assess a causal effect of haptoglobin on macroangiopathy in Chinese type 2 diabetes patients
Authors: S Wang, J Wang, R Zhang, T Wang, D Yan, Z He, F Jiang, C Hu, W Jia
Cardiovasc Diabetol, 2018;17(1):14.
Sample Types: Serum
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all ELISA FAQs
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Human Haptoglobin Quantikine ELISA Kit
Average Rating: 5 (Based on 1 Review)
Have you used Human Haptoglobin Quantikine ELISA Kit?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image
HIV-positive samples (ART-naive and ART-stablized)