Human Thimet Oligopeptidase/THOP1 Antibody
Human Thimet Oligopeptidase/THOP1 Antibody Summary
Accession # P52888
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Background: Thimet Oligopeptidase/THOP1
Thimet Oligopeptidase/THOP1, also known as endopeptidase EC 184.108.40.206 (EP24.15), is a zinc peptidase of the M3 family that also includes neurolysin/EC 220.127.116.11 and mitochondrial intermediate peptidase (1). Widely expressed by mammalian tissues and reported to present in different subcellular locations, THOP1 is primarily a cytoplasmic enzyme. It is capable of hydrolyzing a number of bioactive peptides and peptides released by the proteosome, limiting antigenic presentation by MHC class I molecules (1‑3). THOP1 also interacts with angiotensin II type I receptor and bradykinin B2 receptor (4). The amino acid sequence of human THOP1 is 90% and 86% identical to that of dog/mouse and rat, respectively.
- Barrett, A.J. and J.-M. Chen (2004) in Handbook of Proteolytic Enzymes. Barrett, A.J. et al. eds. p. 352, Elsevier Academic Press, San Diego.
- Ray, K. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279:20480.
- Saric, T. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279:46723.
- Shivakumar, B.R. et al. (2005) Cell Biochem. Funct. 23:195.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human Thimet Oligopeptidase/THOP1 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human Thimet Oligopeptidase/THOP1 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human Thimet Oligopeptidase/THOP1 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image