Mouse DC-SIGN/CD209 Antibody Summary
Accession # Q91ZX1
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Detection of DC‑SIGN/CD209 in CHO Chinese Hamster Ovary Cell Line Transfected with Mouse DC-SIGN/CD209 by Flow Cytometry. CHO Chinese hamster ovary cell line transfected with mouse DC-SIGN/CD209 was stained with Rat Anti-Mouse DC-SIGN/CD209 Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB8345, filled histogram) or isotype control antibody (Catalog # MAB0061, open histogram), followed by Allophycocyanin-conjugated Anti-Rat IgG Secondary Antibody (Catalog # F0113).
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Mouse Dendritic Cell-specific ICAM-3 Grabbing Non-integrin (DC-SIGN)/CD209, also known as CD209 Antigen-like Protein A, is a member of the C-type lectin family (1). Mouse DC-SIGN/CD209 is a 33 kDa, 238 amino acid (aa) type II transmembrane protein (2). The extracellular region contains a Ca2+-dependent carbohydrate-binding lectin domain (2). In addition to the full-length mouse DC-SIGN/CD209, a second, truncated splice variant has been reported. DC-SIGN/CD209 is not well conserved between mouse and human with the extracellular domain sharing only 63% aa identity. The DC-SIGN/CD209 lectin domain binds mannose oligosaccharides on pathogens including HIV as well as self glycoproteins including ICAMs (2-4). DC-SIGN/CD209 is expressed on dendritic cells (DC) and inflammatory macrophages and contributes to antigen presentation (2, 5, 6).
- Liu, W. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279:18748.
- Caminschi, I. et al. (2001) Mol. Immunol. 38:365.
- Curtis, B.M. et al. (1992) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 89:8356.
- Anthony, R.M. et al. (2008) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 105:19571.
- Geijtenbeek, T.B. et al. (2000) Cell 100:575.
- Garcia-Vallejo, J.J. and Y. van Kooyk (2013) Trends Immunol. 34:482.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Mouse DC-SIGN/CD209 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Mouse DC-SIGN/CD209 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Mouse DC-SIGN/CD209 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image