Mouse IL-21R Antibody
Mouse IL-21R Antibody Summary
Accession # Q9JHX3
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
IL-21 R (interleukin-21 receptor) is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein within the class I cytokine receptor family, type 4 subfamily (1-5). Complex formation between IL-21 R and the common gamma chain ( gamma c), also used for IL-2, IL-4, IL-7, IL-9, IL-13 and IL-15 receptors, is required for signaling (6, 7). Mouse IL-21 R cDNA encodes 521 amino acid (aa) including a 19 aa signal peptide, a 218 aa extracellular domain (ECD) with 4 conserved cysteine residues, a fibronectin type III domain, and a WSXWS motif, a 21 aa transmembrane domain and a 271 aa cytoplasmic domain with a Box 1 motif, a kinase domain, and several sites for tyrosine phosphorylation (4, 5). One such site, pY510, mediates STAT binding (1, 2). The mouse IL-21 R ECD shares 69%, 91%, 65%, 63% and 58% aa identity with human, rat, equine, canine and bovine IL-21 R, respectively. One potential 447 aa isoform, with an alternate start site at aa 83, lacks the four conserved ECD cysteines. IL‑21 R is expressed mainly on B cells (highest on mature, activated, follicular and germinal center B cells), NK cells, and activated T cells, but is also found on dendritic cells, alternatively activated macrophages, intestinal lamina propria fibroblasts and epithelial cells, and keratinocytes (1, 3-5). Both IL-21 and IL-4 are necessary for efficient B cell IgG1 production and normal germinal center architecture (8). B cell IL-21 R engagement induces Blimp-1 (which mediates plasma cell differentiation), and is important for memory responses (1, 9, 10). IL-21 R engagement on mouse NK cells enhances their cytotoxic activity and IFN-gamma production (4, 11). IL‑21 R engagement on CD8+ T cells aids control of viral infection and tumor growth; IL-21 R is also necessary for sufficient numbers of regulatory T cells to combat chronic inflammation (1, 12, 13). IL-21 R expression is often upregulated in allergic skin inflammation, systemic lupus erythematosus and diffuse large B cell lymphoma (DLBCL) (1, 2, 14, 15).
- Leonard, W.J. et al. (2008) J. Leukoc. Biol. 84:348.
- Konforte, D. et al. (2009) J. Immunol. 182:1791.
- Monteleone, G. et al., 2009, Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 20:185.
- Parrish-Novak, et al. (2000) Nature 408:57.
- Ozaki, K. et al. (2000) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 97:11439.
- Asao, H. et al. (2001) J. Immunol. 167:1.
- Habib, T. et al. (2002) Biochemistry 41:8725.
- Ozaki, K. et al. (2002) Science 298:1630.
- Rankin, A.L. et al. (2011) J. Immunol. 186:667.
- King, I.L. et al. (2010) J. Immunol. 185:6138.
- Kasaian, M.T. et al. (2002) Immunity 16:559.
- Frohlich, A. et al. (2009 Science 324:1576.
- Tortola, L. et al. (2010) Blood 116:5200.
- Jin, H. et al. (2009) J. Clin. Invest. 119:47.
- Sarosiek, K.A. et al. (2010) Blood 115:570.
Citation for Mouse IL-21R Antibody
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
1 Citation: Showing 1 - 1
IL-21 Reduces Immediate Hypersensitivity Reactions in Mouse Skin by Suppressing Mast Cell Activation or IgE Production.
Authors: Tamagawa-Mineoka R, Kishida T, Mazda O
J. Invest. Dermatol., 2011;131(7):1513-20.
Sample Types: Whole Cells
Applications: Flow Cytometry
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Mouse IL-21R Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Mouse IL-21R Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Mouse IL-21R Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image