Mouse MFG-E8 Antibody
Mouse MFG-E8 Antibody Summary
Accession # P21956
under non-reducing conditions only
Mouse MFG-E8 Sandwich Immunoassay
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Milk Fat Globulin Protein E8 (MFG-E8), also known as Lactadherin, MP47, breast epithelial antigen BA46, and SED1, is a 66‑75 kDa pleiotropic secreted glycoprotein that promotes mammary gland morphogenesis, angiogenesis, and tumor progression. MFG-E8 also plays an important role in tissue homeostasis and the prevention of inflammation (1). Mouse MGF-E8 contains two N-terminal EGF-like domains, a Pro/Thr-rich segment, and two C-terminal F5/8-type discoidin-like domains (2). It MFG-E8 shares 63% and 94% aa sequence identity with comparable regions of human and rat MFG-E8, respectively. Alternative splicing of mouse MFG-E8 generates a short isoform lacking the Pro/Thr-rich region which contains sites for O-linked glycosylation and tyrosine sulfation (3). MFG-E8 is released into the milk in complex with lipid-containing milk fat globules. It is also found in multiple other cell types including endothelial cells and smooth muscle cells of the vasculature, immature dendritic cells, at the acrosomal cap of testicular and epididymal sperm, and in epithelial cells of the endometrium (1). MFG-E8 binds to the Integrins alpha V beta 3 and alpha V beta 5 and potentiates the angiogenic action of VEGF through VEGF R2 (4, 5). It reduces inflammation and tissue damage in a variety of settings. MFG-E8 functions as a bridge between phosphatidylserine on apoptotic cells and Integrin alpha V beta 3 on phagocytes, leading to the clearance of apoptotic debris (6). It mediates the engulfment of apoptotic bodies in atherosclerotic plaques and prion-infected brain (7, 8) and of apoptotic B cells during germinal center reactions (9, 10). MFG-E8 also promotes the removal of excess Collagen in fibrotic lungs and the regeneration of damaged intestinal epithelia (11, 12). Its tissue-protective role impairs anti‑tumor immunity and chemotherapy-induced apoptosis (13). MFG-E8 in the breastmilk blocks rotavirus infection in nursing babies (14).
- Raymond, A. et al. (2009) J. Cell. Biochem. 106:957.
- Stubbs, J.D. et al. (1990) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 87:8417.
- Hoffhines, A.J. et al. (2008) J. Biol. Chem. 284:3096.
- Silvestre, J.-S. et al. (2005) Nat. Med. 11:499.
- Borges, E. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275:39867.
- Hanayama, R. et al. (2002) Nature 417:182.
- Ait-Oufella, H. et al. (2007) Circulation 115:2168.
- Kranich, J. et al. (2010) J. Exp. Med. 207:2271.
- Hanayama, R. et al. (2004) Science 304:1147.
- Kranich, J. et al. (2010) J. Exp. Med. 205:1293.
- Atabai, K. et al. (2009) J. Clin. Invest. 119:3713.
- Bu, H.-F. et al. (2007) J. Clin. Invest. 117:3673.
- Jinushi, M. et al. (2009) J. Exp. Med. 206:1317.
- Kvistgaard, A.S. et al. (2004) J. Dairy Sci. 87:4088.
Citations for Mouse MFG-E8 Antibody
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
Citations: Showing 1 - 2
Filter your results:
Propofol suppresses microglial phagocytosis through the downregulation of MFG-E8
Authors: X Cai, Y Li, X Zheng, R Hu, Y Li, L Xiao, Z Wang
Journal of Neuroinflammation, 2021-01-09;18(1):18.
Sample Types: Cell Lysates, Whole Cells
Applications: ICC, Western Blot
Aging-Associated Alterations in Mammary Epithelia and Stroma Revealed by Single-Cell RNA Sequencing
Authors: CM Li, H Shapiro, C Tsiobikas, LM Selfors, H Chen, J Rosenbluth, K Moore, KP Gupta, GK Gray, Y Oren, MJ Steinbaugh, JL Guerriero, L Pinello, A Regev, JS Brugge
Cell Reports, 2020-12-29;33(13):108566.
Sample Types: Whole Tissue
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Mouse MFG-E8 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Mouse MFG-E8 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Mouse MFG-E8 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image