Mouse NTB-A/SLAMF6 Antibody
Mouse NTB-A/SLAMF6 Antibody Summary
Accession # Q9ET39
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Detection of NTB‑A/SLAMF6 in Human Lymphocytes by Flow Cytometry. Human whole blood lymphocytes were stained with Sheep Anti-Mouse NTB-A/SLAMF6 Antigen Affinity-purified Polyclonal Antibody (Catalog # AF3986, filled histogram) or isotype control antibody (Catalog # 5-001-A, open histogram), followed by NorthernLights™ 637-conjugated Anti-Sheep IgG Secondary Antibody (Catalog # NL011).
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
NTB-A, also known as Ly108 and SLAMF6, is a 60 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein that belongs to the SLAM subgroup of the CD2 family (1). Mature mouse NTB-A consists of a 209 amino acid (aa) ECD with one Ig-like V-type and one Ig-like C2-type domain, a 23 aa transmembrane segment, and an 89 aa cytoplasmic domain with two immunoreceptor tyrosine-based switch motifs ITSMs (2). Within the ECD, mouse NTB-A shares 48% and 70% aa sequence identity with human and rat NTB-A, respectively. The ECD of mouse NTB-A shares 20%‑34% aa sequence identity with comparable regions of mouse 2B4, BLAME, CD2F-10, CD84, CD229, CRACC, and SLAM. An alternatively spliced isoform diverges after the second ITSM (2). NTB-A is expressed on the surface of NK, T, and B lymphocytes as well as eosinophils (3‑5). It interacts homophilically through weak associations between the Ig-V type domains (5‑7). NTB-A functions as an activating coreceptor on NK and T cells (3, 5, 6, 8). Tyrosine phosphorylation in the membrane proximal ITSM enables specific association with EAT-2, an interaction that is required for NTB-A mediated cytotoxicity of NK cells (9). Phosphorylation-dependent NTB-A association with SAP is required for full production of NK cell IFN-gamma (5, 9). This interaction is independent of EAT-2 binding and appears to involve the membrane distal ITSM (5, 9). NTB-A deficient mice show weakened Th2 responses and elevated levels of neutrophil-derived inflammatory mediators (10). On B cells, NTB-A modulates immunoglobulin class switching and the balance between tolerance and autoimmunity (5, 11). The isoform with the divergent C-terminal tail is overexpressed in B cells from lupus-prone mice (11).
- Veillette, A. (2006) Immunol. Rev. 214:22.
- Peck, S.R. and H.E. Ruley (2000) Immunogenetics 52:63.
- Bottino, C. et al. (2001) J. Exp. Med. 194:235.
- Munitz, A. et al. (2005) J. Immunol. 174:110.
- Valdez, P.A. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279:18662.
- Flaig, R.M. et al. (2004) J. Immunol. 172:6524.
- Cao, E. et al. (2006) Immunity 25:559.
- Stark, S. and C. Watzl (2006) Int. Immunol. 18:241.
- Eissmann, P. and C. Watzl (2006) J. Immunol. 177:3170.
- Howie, D. et al. (2005) J. Immunol. 174:5931.
- Kumar, K.R. et al. (2006) Science 312:1665.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Mouse NTB-A/SLAMF6 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Mouse NTB-A/SLAMF6 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Mouse NTB-A/SLAMF6 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image