Mouse Progranulin/PGRN Antibody Summary
Accession # P28798
This antibody functions as an ELISA capture antibody when paired with Rat Anti-Mouse Progranulin/PGRN Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB25572).
This product is intended for assay development on various assay platforms requiring antibody pairs. We recommend the Mouse Progranulin DuoSet ELISA Kit (Catalog # DY2557) for convenient development of a sandwich ELISA.
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Mouse Progranulin/PGRN ELISA Standard Curve. Recombinant Mouse Progranulin/PGRN protein was serially diluted 2-fold and captured by Rat Anti-Mouse Progranulin/PGRN Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB2557R) coated on a Clear Polystyrene Microplate (Catalog # DY990). Rat Anti-Mouse Progranulin/PGRN Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB25572) was biotinylated and incubated with the protein captured on the plate. Detection of the standard curve was achieved by incubating Streptavidin-HRP (Catalog # DY998) followed by Substrate Solution (Catalog # DY999) and stopping the enzymatic reaction with Stop Solution (Catalog # DY994).
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Progranulin, also known as acrogranin, PC cell-derived growth factor (PCDGF) and epithelin/granulin precursor, is a ubiquitously expressed, 88 kDa, secreted glycoprotein (1‑3). Structurally, it belongs to none of the well-established growth factor families (4). Mouse Progranulin is 589 amino acids (aa) in length and contains a 17 aa signal sequence and a 572 aa mature region that has four potential sites for N-linked glycosylation. It has a highly repetitive organization, containing seven tandem copies of a 55‑57 aa consensus motif that contains 12 conserved cysteine residues: VXCX5-6CX5CCX8CCX6CCXDX2HCCPX4CX5-6CX2 (1). Progranulin is secreted in an intact form (2, 4) or undergoes proteolysis leading to the release of multiple peptides made from the seven tandem repeats, the granulins (5‑7). Mouse Progranulin shares 87% and 75% aa sequence identity with rat and human Progranulin, respectively. Progranulin is involved in the regulation of cellular proliferation, as well as differentiation, development, and pathological processes (4). It has been isolated as a differentially expressed gene during mesothelial differentiation (8), macrophage development (9), development synovium of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis (10), sexual differentiation of the brain (11), and has also been shown to be a mediator of cartilage proliferation plus of wound response and tissue repair (4, 12‑13). High levels of Progranulin expression have been found to be associated with several human cancers, and are believed to contribute to tumorigenesis in breast cancer, clear cell renal carcinoma, invasive ovarian carcinoma, glioblastoma, adipocyte teratoma, and multiple myeloma (4, 5, 12, 14‑20).
- Plowman, G.D. et al. (1992) J. Biol. Chem. 267:13073.
- Zhou, J. et al. (1993) J. Biol. Chem. 268:10863.
- Liu, Y. et al. (2007) BMC Cancer 7:22.
- Xu, K. et al. (2007) J. Biol. Chem. 282:11347.
- Davidson, B. et al. (2004) Cancer 100:2139.
- Zanocco-Marani, T. et al. (1999) Cancer Res. 59:5331.
- Lu, R. and G. Serrero (2000) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 97:3993.
- Sun, X. et al. (2004) Am. J. Respir. Cell Mol. Biol. 30:510.
- Barreda, D.R. et al. (2004) Dev. Comp. Immunol. 28:727
- Justen, H.P. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell Biol. Res. Commun. 3:165.
- Suzuki, M. and M. Nishiahara (2002) Mol. Genet. Metab. 75:31.
- He, Z. et al. (2003) Nat. Med. 9:225.
- Zhu, J. et al. (2002) Cell 111:867.
- He, Z. and A. Bateman (2003) J. Mol. Med. 81:600.
- Bateman, A. et al. (1990) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 173:1161.
- Gonzalez, E.M. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278:38113.
- Jones, M.B. et al. (2003) Gynecol. Oncol. 88:S136.
- Wang, W. et al. (2003) Clin. Cancer Res. 9:2221.
- Zhang, H. and G. Serrero (1998) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 95:14202.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Mouse Progranulin/PGRN Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Mouse Progranulin/PGRN Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Mouse Progranulin/PGRN Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image