Mouse Progranulin/PGRN Antibody
Mouse Progranulin/PGRN Antibody Summary
Accession # P28798
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Progranulin in Mouse Kidney. Progranulin was detected in perfusion fixed frozen sections of mouse kidney using Rat Anti-Mouse Progranulin Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB25571) at 25 µg/mL overnight at 4 °C. Tissue was stained using the Anti-Rat HRP-DAB Cell & Tissue Staining Kit (brown; Catalog # CTS017) and counterstained with hematoxylin (blue). View our protocol for Chromogenic IHC Staining of Frozen Tissue Sections.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Progranulin, also known as acrogranin, PC cell-derived growth factor (PCDGF) and epithelin/granulin precursor, is a ubiquitously expressed, 88 kDa, secreted glycoprotein (1‑3). Structurally, it belongs to none of the well-established growth factor families (4). Mouse Progranulin is 589 amino acids (aa) in length and contains a 17 aa signal sequence and a 572 aa mature region that has four potential sites for N-linked glycosylation. It has a highly repetitive organization, containing seven tandem copies of a 55‑57 aa consensus motif that contains 12 conserved cysteine residues: VXCX5-6CX5CCX8CCX6CCXDX2HCCPX4CX5-6CX2 (1). Progranulin is secreted in an intact form (2, 4) or undergoes proteolysis leading to the release of multiple peptides made from the seven tandem repeats, the granulins (5‑7). Mouse Progranulin shares 87% and 75% aa sequence identity with rat and human Progranulin, respectively. Progranulin is involved in the regulation of cellular proliferation, as well as differentiation, development, and pathological processes (4). It has been isolated as a differentially expressed gene during mesothelial differentiation (8), macrophage development (9), development synovium of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis (10), sexual differentiation of the brain (11), and has also been shown to be a mediator of cartilage proliferation plus of wound response and tissue repair (4, 12‑13). High levels of Progranulin expression have been found to be associated with several human cancers, and are believed to contribute to tumorigenesis in breast cancer, clear cell renal carcinoma, invasive ovarian carcinoma, glioblastoma, adipocyte teratoma, and multiple myeloma (4, 5, 12, 14‑20).
- Plowman, G.D. et al. (1992) J. Biol. Chem. 267:13073.
- Zhou, J. et al. (1993) J. Biol. Chem. 268:10863.
- Liu, Y. et al. (2007) BMC Cancer 7:22.
- Xu, K. et al. (2007) J. Biol. Chem. 282:11347.
- Davidson, B. et al. (2004) Cancer 100:2139.
- Zanocco-Marani, T. et al. (1999) Cancer Res. 59:5331.
- Lu, R. and G. Serrero (2000) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 97:3993.
- Sun, X. et al. (2004) Am. J. Respir. Cell Mol. Biol. 30:510.
- Barreda, D.R. et al. (2004) Dev. Comp. Immunol. 28:727
- Justen, H.P. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell Biol. Res. Commun. 3:165.
- Suzuki, M. and M. Nishiahara (2002) Mol. Genet. Metab. 75:31.
- He, Z. et al. (2003) Nat. Med. 9:225.
- Zhu, J. et al. (2002) Cell 111:867.
- He, Z. and A. Bateman (2003) J. Mol. Med. 81:600.
- Bateman, A. et al. (1990) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 173:1161.
- Gonzalez, E.M. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278:38113.
- Jones, M.B. et al. (2003) Gynecol. Oncol. 88:S136.
- Wang, W. et al. (2003) Clin. Cancer Res. 9:2221.
- Zhang, H. and G. Serrero (1998) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 95:14202.
Citations for Mouse Progranulin/PGRN Antibody
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
Citations: Showing 1 - 4
Filter your results:
Progranulin aggravates lethal Candida albicans sepsis by regulating inflammatory response and antifungal immunity
Authors: J Liu, X Lai, R Yu, H Ding, H Bai, Z Yang, Y Yin, F Xu, J Cao
PloS Pathogens, 2022-09-19;18(9):e1010873.
Sample Types: In Vivo
Applications: In Vivo
Progranulin Decreases Susceptibility to Streptococcus pneumoniae in Influenza and Protects against Lethal Coinfection
Authors: X Wang, J Yuan, H Wang, N Gan, Q Zhang, B Liu, J Wang, Z Shu, L Rao, X Gou, H Zhang, Y Yin, X Zhang
J. Immunol., 2019-09-13;0(0):.
Sample Types: Whole Tissue
p38 MAPK alpha mediates cytokine-induced IL-6 and MMP-3 expression in human cardiac fibroblasts.
Biochem Biophys Res Commun, 2012-12-01;430(1):419-24.
Sample Types: Cell Lysates
Applications: Western Blot
Human tumors instigate granulin-expressing hematopoietic cells that promote malignancy by activating stromal fibroblasts in mice.
Authors: Elkabets M, Gifford AM, Scheel C, Nilsson B, Reinhardt F, Bray MA, Carpenter AE, Jirstrom K, Magnusson K, Ebert BL, Ponten F, Weinberg RA, McAllister SS
J. Clin. Invest., 2011-01-25;121(2):784-99.
Sample Types: Plasma
Applications: ELISA Development
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Mouse Progranulin/PGRN Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Mouse Progranulin/PGRN Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Mouse Progranulin/PGRN Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image