TACS MTT Cell Proliferation Assay
TACS MTT Cell Proliferation Assay Summary
• Allows measurement of proliferation rate, and conversely, the reduction in cell viability.
• Minimizes the number of steps necessary to complete the assay and interpret the data.
• Yields low background absorbance values in the absence of cells.
• Accurate quantification of changes in cell proliferation due to the linear relationship between cell number and signal produced for each cell type.
• Stable when stored at 4°C.
Why Use the TACS MTT Cell Proliferation Assay?
Changes in cell proliferative activity caused by trophic factors, growth inhibitors, or inducers and inhibitors of apoptosis, may be quantified using the TACS MTT Cell Proliferation Assay. MTT is reduced to an insoluble formazan dye by mitochondrial enzymes associated with metabolic activity. The reduction of MTT is primarily due to glycolytic activity within the cell and is dependent upon the presence of NADH and NADPH. The resultant intracellular purple formazan can be solubilized and quantitated by spectroscopic means.
MTT can be used to safely assess cell proliferation, cell viability, and/or cytotoxicity. MTT is added directly to the culture medium and is reduced by metabolically active cells to insoluble purple formazan dye crystals. The absorbance of the sample is read directly in the wells at an optimal wavelength of 570 nm, but any filter that absorbs between 550 and 600 nm may be used.
• MTT Reagent
• Detergent Reagent
- MTT Reagent
- Detergent Reagent
For research use only. Not for diagnositic use.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all FAQs
Reviews for TACS MTT Cell Proliferation Assay
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review TACS MTT Cell Proliferation Assay and earn rewards!
Have you used TACS MTT Cell Proliferation Assay?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image