This video protocol provides step-by-step instructions on how to consistently perform the Colony Forming Cell (CFC) Assay. The colony forming cell assay, also commonly called the methylcellulose assay, is used in the study of hematopoietic stem cells to investigate their proliferative and differentiation potential. Using the tips provided throughout this video, researchers using the CFC assay will be able to more accurately evaluate and score colony formations.
This video includes:
- An overview of the CFC Assay
- How to aliquot methylcellulose
- Cell preparation techniques
- Tips for cell plating
- Methods for cell counting
- Tips for colony identification
- Benefits of R&D...