Human 4-1BB Ligand/TNFSF9 Antibody Summary
Accession # P41273.1
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Detection of 4‑1BB Ligand/TNFSF9 in Human Daudi cell line by Flow Cytometry. Human Daudi Burkitt lymphoma cell line was stained with Rabbit Anti-Human 4‑1BB Ligand/TNFSF9 Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB22952, filled histogram) or isotype control antibody (Catalog # MAB1050, open histogram), followed by PE-conjugated Anti-Rabbit IgG Secondary Antibody (Catalog # F0110). View our protocol for Staining Membrane-associated Proteins.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Background: 4-1BB Ligand/TNFSF9
4-1BB Ligand (4-1BBL), also known as CD137L, is a type II transmembrane protein that belongs to the TNF superfamily of molecules and plays an important role in immune response activation (1). The 38 kDa human 4-1BB Ligand consists of an 25 aa cytoplasmic domain, a 23 aa transmembrane segment, and a 206 aa extracellular domain (ECD) (2). Within the ECD, human 4-1BB Ligand shares 34% aa sequence identity with mouse and rat 4-1BB Ligand. 4-1BB Ligand is expressed by activated B cells, monocytes, macrophages, dendritic cells (DC), T cells, lymphoma and multiple myeloma cells, hematopoietic stem cells, early myeloid progenitors, neurons, and astrocytes (3-9). A 26 kDa soluble form of 4-1BB Ligand can be released from the surface of activated cells and retains bioactivity (10).
4-1BB Ligand binds to 4-1BB/TNFRSF9/CD137 on activated CD4+ and CD8+ T cells, thymocytes, and NK cells as well as on monocytes, neutrophils, DC, and eosinophils. In response to 4-1BB Ligand binding, 4-1BB transduces a co-stimulatory signal that promotes the proliferation, activation, and survival of CD4+ and CD8+ T cells (4, 11, 12). T cell co-stimulation through CD28 is important for the initial T cell expansion, while 4-1BB acts later in the response (12, 13). 4-1BB Ligand function supports the survival and responsiveness of memory T cells during viral infection (13-15). Reverse signaling through 4-1BB Ligand on monocytes induces the production of inflammatory cytokines (5). On macrophages, 4-1BB Ligand associates in cis with TLR4 and enhances inflammatory cytokine production in response to TLR4 ligation (6). Its expression on early myeloid progenitor cells limits the development of dendritic cells, monocytes, and B cells (9).
- Wang, C. et al. (2009) Immunol. Rev. 229:192.
- Alderson, M.R. et al. (1994) Eur. J. Immunol. 24:2219.
- Reali, C. et al. (2003) J. Neurosci. Res. 74:67.
- DeBenedette, M.A. et al. (1997) J. Immunol. 158:551.
- Langstein, J. et al. (1998) J. Immunol. 160:2488.
- Kang, Y.J. et al. (2007) Nat. Immunol. 8:601.
- Baessler, T. et al. (2010) Blood 115:3058.
- Gullo, C. et al. (2010) PLoS One 5:e10845.
- Lee, S.-W. et al. (2008) Nat. Immunol. 9:917.
- Salih, H.R. et al. (2001) J. Immunol. 167:4059.
- Wen, T. et al. (2002) J. Immunol. 168:4897.
- Cannons, J.L. et al. (2001) J. Immunol. 167:1313.
- Bertram, E.M. et al. (2002) J. Immunol. 168:3777.
- Bukczynski, J. et al. (2004) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 101:1291.
- Lin, G.H.Y. et al. (2009) J. Immunol. 182:934.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human 4-1BB Ligand/TNFSF9 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human 4-1BB Ligand/TNFSF9 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human 4-1BB Ligand/TNFSF9 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image