Human/Rat Neuroligin 2/NLGN2 Antibody Summary
Accession # EAW90197
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Detection of Human and Rat Neuroligin 2/NLGN2 by Western Blot. Western blot shows lysates of human cortex and rat cerebellum tissue. PVDF membrane was probed with 1 µg/mL of Goat Anti-Human/Rat Neuroligin 2/NLGN2 Antigen Affinity-purified Polyclonal Antibody (Catalog # AF5645) followed by HRP-conjugated Anti-Goat IgG Secondary Antibody (Catalog # HAF019). A specific band was detected for Neuroligin 2/NLGN2 at approximately 100 kDa (as indicated). This experiment was conducted under reducing conditions and using Immunoblot Buffer Group 8.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Background: Neuroligin 2/NLGN2
Neuroligin 2 (NLGN2) is one of several type I transmembrane Neuroligins that are expressed on neuronal postsynaptic densities. Neuroligins play an important role in synaptic development and function (1). Mature human Neuroligin 2 is a 105 kDa protein that consists of a 663 amino acid (aa) extracellular domain (ECD) with a catalytically inactive cholinesterase-like domain, a 21 aa transmembrane segment, and a 137 aa cytoplasmic tail (2, 3). Within the ECD, human Neuroligin 2 shares 98% aa sequence identity with mouse and rat Neuroligin 2. Alternate splicing generates an isoform with a 17 aa insertion at splice site A within the ECD (2). This recombinant protein does not contain the splice site A insert (-SS A). Neuroligin 2 is expressed on neurons in the brain and also on pancreatic beta cells where it facilitates insulin secretion (2, 4, 5). The -SS A isoform is uniformly expressed among inhibitory and excitatory synapses, while the +SS A isoform is enriched at inhibitory GABAergic synapses (4, 6, 7). Neuroligin 2 clusters at postsynaptic densities in association with other postsynaptic proteins including S-SCAM, PSD-95, gephyrin, and Neuroligin 3 (4, 8 - 10). Synaptic maturation is promoted by the binding of Neuroligin 2 with presynaptic Neurexins, and these interactions are restricted to particular combinations of isoforms of the binding partners (11‑15). Neuroligin 2 interacts with the alpha and beta forms of Neurexin 1, 2, and 3 (14). Its -SS A and +SS A isoforms are bound equally well by Neurexin 1 beta isoforms (-SS4 or +SS4), although only the Neurexin 1 beta +SS4 isoform can induce development of Neuroligin 2‑dependent GABAergic contacts (7, 15).
- Sudhof, T.C. (2008) Nature 455:903.
- Ichtchenko, K. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271:2676.
- Koehnke, J. et al. (2008) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 105:1873.
- Varoqueaux, F. et al. (2004) Eur. J. Cell Biol. 83:449.
- Suckow, A.T. et al. (2008) Endocrinology 149:6006.
- Graf, E.R. et al. (2004) Cell 119:1013.
- Chih, B. et al. (2006) Neuron 51:171.
- Sumita, K. et al. (2007) J. Neurochem. 100:154.
- Irie, M. et al. (1997) Science 277:1511.
- Budreck, E.C. and P. Scheiffele (2008) Eur. J. Neurosci. 26:1738.
- Chih, B. et al. (2005) Science 307:1324.
- Chubykin, A.A. et al. (2007) Neuron 54:919.
- Hines, R.M., et al. (2008) J. Neurosci. 28:6055.
- Kang, Y. et al. (2008) J. Biol. Chem. 283:2323.
- Graf, E.R. et al. (2006) J. Neurosci. 26:4256.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human/Rat Neuroligin 2/NLGN2 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human/Rat Neuroligin 2/NLGN2 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human/Rat Neuroligin 2/NLGN2 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image