Human SCF/c-kit Ligand Biotinylated Antibody
Human SCF/c-kit Ligand Biotinylated Antibody Summary
Accession # P21583
Human SCF/c-kit Ligand Sandwich Immunoassay
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Background: SCF/c-kit Ligand
Stem cell factor (SCF), also known as c-kit ligand (KL), mast cell growth factor (MGF), and steel factor (SLF), is a widely expressed 28 - 40 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein (1). It promotes the survival, differentiation, and mobilization of multiple cell types including myeloid, erythroid, megakaryocytic, lymphoid, germ cell, and melanocyte progenitors (1-7). SCF is a primary growth and activation factor for mast cells and eosinophils (8). Mature human SCF consists of a 189 amino acid (aa) extracellular domain (ECD), a 23 aa transmembrane segment, and a 36 aa cytoplasmic tail (9). The ECD shows both N-linked and O-linked glycosylation (10). Proteolytic cleavage at two alternate sites in the extracellular juxtamembrane region releases a 25 kDa soluble molecule which is comparable to the only form produced by Steel-dickie mutant mice (11, 12). An alternately spliced isoform of human SCF lacks 28 aa that encompasses the primary proteolytic recognition site (13). Within the ECD of the short isoform (corresponding to this recombinant protein), human SCF shares 75%-83% aa sequence identity with canine, feline, mouse, and rat SCF. Rat SCF is active on mouse and human cells, but human SCF is only weakly active on mouse cells (9). Noncovalent dimers of transmembrane or soluble SCF interact with the receptor tyrosine kinase SCF R/c-kit to trigger receptor dimerization and signaling (14). SCF assists in the recovery of cardiac function following myocardial infarction by increasing the number of cardiomyocytes and vascular channels (15).
- Ashman, L.K. (1999) Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 31:1037.
- Sette, C. et al. (2000) Int. J. Dev. Biol. 44:599.
- Yoshida, H. et al. (2001) J. Invest. Dermatol. Symp. Proc. 6:1.
- Erlandsson, A. et al. (2004) Exp. Cell Res. 301:201.
- Kapur, R. et al. (2002) Blood 100:1287.
- Wang, C-H. et al. (2007) Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 27:540.
- Bashamboo, A. et al. (2006) J. Cell Sci. 119:3039.
- Reber, L. et al. (2006) Eur. J. Pharmacol. 533:327.
- Martin, F.H. et al. (1990) Cell 63:203.
- Arakawa, T. et al. (1991) J. Biol. Chem. 266:18942.
- Majumdar, M.K. et al. (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269:1237.
- Brannan, C.I. et al. (1991) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 88:4671.
- Anderson, D.M. et al. (1991) Cell Growth Differ. 2:373.
- Lemmon, M.A. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272:6311.
- Kanellakis, P. et al. (2006) Cardiovasc. Res. 70:117.
Citations for Human SCF/c-kit Ligand Biotinylated Antibody
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
Citations: Showing 1 - 2
Filter your results:
Growth hormone-induced stimulation of multilineage human hematopoiesis.
Authors: Hanley MB, Napolitano LA, McCune JM
Stem Cells, 2005;23(8):1170-9.
Sample Types: Whole Cells
Applications: Flow Cytometry
Inhibition by glucocorticoids of the interleukin-1beta-enhanced expression of the mast cell growth factor SCF.
Authors: Da Silva CA, 2019, Kassel O, Mathieu E, Massard G, Gasser B, Frossard N
Sample Types: Cell Culture Supernates
Applications: ELISA Development
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Supplemental Cell Selection Products
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Human SCF/c-kit Ligand Biotinylated Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human SCF/c-kit Ligand Biotinylated Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human SCF/c-kit Ligand Biotinylated Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image