Mouse HGFR/c-MET Antibody
Mouse HGFR/c-MET Antibody Summary
Accession # P16056
Mouse HGF R/c-MET Sandwich Immunoassay
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
HGF R, also known as Met (from N-methyl-N’-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidine induced), is a glycosylated receptor tyrosine kinase that plays a central role in epithelial morphogenesis and cancer development. HGF R is synthesized as a single chain precursor which undergoes cotranslational proteolytic cleavage. This generates a mature HGF R that is a disulfide-linked dimer composed of a 50 kDa extracellular alpha chain and a 145 kDa transmembrane beta chain (1, 2). The extracellular domain (ECD) contains a seven bladed beta -propeller sema domain, a cysteine-rich PSI/MRS, and four Ig-like E-set domains, while the cytoplasmic region includes the tyrosine kinase domain (3, 4). An alternately spliced form of mouse HGF R lacks a cytoplasmic juxtamembrane region important for regulation of signal transduction (5, 6). The sema domain, which is formed by both the alpha and beta chains of HGF R, mediates both ligand binding and receptor dimerization (3, 7). Ligand-induced tyrosine phosphorylation in the cytoplasmic region activates the kinase domain and provides docking sites for multiple SH2-containing molecules (8, 9). HGF stimulation induces HGF R downregulation via internalization and proteasome-dependent degradation (10). In the absence of ligand, HGF R forms noncovalent complexes with a variety of membrane proteins including CD44v6, CD151, EGF R, Fas, integrin alpha 6/ beta 4, plexins B1, 2, 3, and MSP R/Ron (11 - 18). Ligation of one complex component triggers activation of the other, followed by cooperative signaling effects (11 - 18). Formation of some of these heteromeric complexes is a requirement for epithelial cell morphogenesis and tumor cell invasion (11, 15, 16). Paracrine induction of epithelial cell scattering and branching tubulogenesis results from the stimulation of HGF R on undifferentiated epithelium by HGF released from neighboring mesenchymal cells (19). Genetic polymorphisms, chromosomal translocation, overexpression, and additional splicing and proteolytic cleavage of HGF R have been described in a wide range of cancers (1). Within the ECD, mouse HGF R shares 87%, 87%, and 94% amino acid sequence identity with canine, human, and rat HGF R, respectively.
- Birchmeier, C. et al. (2003) Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 4:915.
- Corso, S. et al. (2005) Trends Mol. Med. 11:284.
- Gherardi, E. et al. (2003) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 100:12039.
- Chan, A.M. et al. (1988) Oncogene 2:593.
- Lee, C-C. and K.M. Yamada (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269:19457.
- Lee, C-C., et al. (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270:507.
- Kong-Beltran, M. et al. (2004) Cancer Cell 6:75.
- Naldini, L. et al. (1991) Mol. Cell. Biol. 11:1793.
- Ponzetto, C. et al. (1994) Cell 77:261.
- Jeffers, M. et al. (1997) Mol. Cell. Biol. 17:799.
- Orian-Rousseau, V. et al. (2002) Genes Dev. 16:3074.
- Klosek, S.K. et al. (2005) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 336:408.
- Jo, M. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275:8806.
- Wang, X. et al. (2002) Mol. Cell 9:411.
- Trusolino, L. et al. (2001) Cell 107:643.
- Giordano, S. et al. (2002) Nat. Cell Biol. 4:720.
- Conrotto, P. et al. (2004) Oncogene 23:5131.
- Follenzi, A. et al. (2000) Oncogene 19:3041.
- Sonnenberg, E. et al. (1993) J. Cell Biol. 123:223.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Mouse HGFR/c-MET Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Mouse HGFR/c-MET Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Mouse HGFR/c-MET Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image