Detects mouse LRRC32/GARP in direct ELISAs. In direct ELISAs, approximately 50% cross-reactivity
with recombinant human (rh) LRRC32 is observed and no cross-reactivity with
rhLRRC3, rhLRRC4, or rhNGL-3/LRRC4B is observed.
Monoclonal Rat IgG1 Clone # 725226
Protein A or G purified from hybridoma culture supernatant
Chinese hamster ovary cell line CHO-derived recombinant mouse LRRC32/GARP
Accession # NP_001106850
2.5 µg/106 cells
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are
available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Detection of LRRC-32 in Mouse Splenocytes by Flow Cytometry. Mouse splenocytes were stimulated with 10 µL/mL anti-CD3/anti-CD28, Recombinant Mouse IL-2 (Catalog # 402-ML), and Human TGF-beta 1 (Catalog # 100-B) for 3 days to induce T regulatory cells (Tregs). Tregs were then stained with Rat Anti-Mouse CD4 Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # FAB554G), Phycoerythrin-conjugated Anti-FoxP3, and either (A) Rat Anti-Mouse LRRC32/GARP Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB62291) or (B) Rat IgG1 Isotype Control (Catalog # MAB005) followed by Allophycocyanin-conjugated Anti-Rat IgG Secondary Antibody (Catalog # F0113). Dot plots are gated on CD4+ T cells.
Preparation and Storage
Sterile PBS to a final concentration of 0.5 mg/mL.
The product is shipped at ambient temperature. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below. *Small pack size (SP) is shipped with polar packs. Upon receipt, store it immediately at -20 to -70 °C
Stability & Storage
Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Leucine-rich repeat protein 32 (LRRC32), also known as GARP (glycoprotein A repetitions predominant), is an 80 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein (1). Mature mouse LRRC32 consists of a 608 amino acid (aa) extracellular domain (ECD) that contains 22 leucine-rich repeats, a 21 aa transmembrane segment, and a 14 aa cytoplasmic domain (2-4). Within the ECD, mouse LRRC32 shares 80 and 94% aa sequence identity with human and rat LRRC32, respectively. LRRC32 is widely expressed during embryogenesis and on adult platelets (4, 5). Among T cells, it is selectively expressed on activated FOXP3+ regulatory T cells (Treg) (6-10). LRRC32 expression promotes the acquisition of a Treg phenotype including reduced cellular proliferation, reduced cytokine secretion, and the capacity to suppress the proliferation of naïve T cells (6-8). LRRC32 binds directly to the TGF-beta latency associated peptide (LAP) and tethers latent TGF-beta on the surface of activated Treg cells (9, 10). The presentation of TGF-beta on Tregs contributes to their ability to suppress naïve T cell proliferation (11).
- Battaglia, M. and M.G. Roncarolo (2009) Eur. J. Immunol. 39:3296.
- Ollendorff, V. et al. (1994) Cell Growth Differ. 5:213.
- Bella, J. et al. (2008) Cell Mol Life Sci. 65:2307.
- Roubin, R. et al. (1996) Int. J. Dev. Biol. 40:545.
- Macaulay, I.C. et al. (2007) Blood 109:3260.
- Wang, R. et al. (2008) PloS ONE 3:e2705.
- Wang, R. et al. (2009) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 106:13439.
- Probst-Kepper, M. et al. (2009) J. Cell. Mol. Med. 13:3343.
- Tran, D.Q. et al. (2009) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 106:13445.
- Stockis, J. et al. (2009) Eur. J. Immunol. 39:3315.
- Vignali, D.A. et al. (2008) Nat. Rev. Immunol. 8:523.
Leucine-rich Repeat Containing 32/Glycoprotein A Repetitions Predominant
Entrez Gene IDs:
2615 (Human); 434215 (Human);
D11S833E; GARP; Garpin; D11S833Eleucine-rich repeat-containing protein 32; GARPGarpin; Glycoprotein A repetitions predominantgarpin; leucine rich repeat containing 32
Related Research Areas
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you may click here to view all FAQs for Primary Antibodies