Mouse/Rat IL-6 ELISpot Kit Summary
* Provided that the recommended microplates, buffers, diluents, substrates and solutions are used, and the assay is run as summarized in the Assay Procedure provided.
ELISpot kits are highly sensitive, microplate-based assays for the detection of cytokine secreting cells. This kit is designed for the detection and enumeration of mouse/rat IL-6. Complete ELISpot kits are ready-to-run and require no assay development or refinement.
This ELISpot assay employs a capture antibody specific for mouse/rat IL-6, pre-coated onto a PVDF-backed microplate. Appropriately stimulated cells are pipetted directly into the wells and the immobilized antibody in the immediate vicinity of the secreting cells binds secreted mouse/rat IL-6. Following wash steps and incubation with a biotinylated detection antibody, alkaline-phosphatase conjugated to streptavidin is added. Unbound enzyme is subsequently removed by washing and a substrate solution (BCIP/NBT) is added. A blue-black colored precipitate forms at the sites of cytokine localization and appears as spots, with each individual spot representing an individual mouse/rat IL-6 secreting cell. The spots can be counted with an automated ELISpot reader system or manually using a stereomicroscope.
- Detect and quantitate individual cells secreting mouse/rat IL-6
- High sensitivity - ELISpot assays can measure responses with frequencies well below 1 in 100,000 cells
- No in vitro expansion of cells required
- High-throughput - ELISpot assays use only a small number of primary cells
- Mouse/rat IL-6 Microplate
- Biotinylated Detection Antibody
- Streptavidin conjugated to Alkaline Phosphatase
- Dilution Buffers
- Wash Buffer Concentrate
- BCIP/NBT Chromogen
- Mouse/rat IL-6 Positive Control
OTHER REAGENTS REQUIRED
- Pipettes and pipette tips
- Deionized or distilled water
- Squirt bottle, manifold dispenser, or automated microplate washer
- 500 mL graduated cylinder
- 37 °C CO2 incubator
- Sterile culture media
- Dissection microscope or an automated ELISpot reader
Preparation and Storage
IL-6 (Interleukin-6) is a pleiotropic cytokine that acts in the acute phase reaction, inflammation, hematopoiesis, bone metabolism, and cancer progression. It contributes to chronic inflammation in obesity, insulin resistance, inflammatory bowel disease, arthritis, sepsis, and atherosclerosis. IL-6 signals through a receptor complex of IL-6 R alpha and gp130. gp130 is also a component of the receptors for CLC, CNTF, CT-1, IL-11, IL-27, LIF, and OSM. Soluble forms of IL-6 R alpha are generated by both alternative splicing and proteolytic cleavage. In a mechanism known as trans-signaling, complexes of soluble IL-6 and IL-6 R alpha elicit responses from gp130-expressing cells that lack cell surface IL-6 R alpha.
Citation for Mouse/Rat IL-6 ELISpot Kit
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
1 Citation: Showing 1 - 1
Carbon dioxide inhalation causes pulmonary inflammation.
Authors: Abolhassani M, Guais A, Chaumet-Riffaud P, Sasco AJ, Schwartz L
Am. J. Physiol. Lung Cell Mol. Physiol., 2009-01-09;296(4):L657-65.
Sample Types: Cell Culture Supernates
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all ELISpot and FluoroSpot Kit FAQs
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Mouse/Rat IL-6 ELISpot Kit
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Mouse/Rat IL-6 ELISpot Kit and earn rewards!
Have you used Mouse/Rat IL-6 ELISpot Kit?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image