Mouse Sca-1/Ly6 Biotinylated Antibody Summary
Accession # CAA28351
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Sca‑1/Ly6 in Mouse Splenocytes. Sca‑1/Ly6 was detected in immersion fixed mouse splenocytes using 10 µg/mL Goat Anti-Mouse Sca‑1/Ly6 Biotinylated Antigen Affinity-purified Polyclonal Antibody (Catalog # BAF1226) for 3 hours at room temperature. Cells were stained with the NorthernLights™ 557-conjugated Streptavidin (red; Catalog # NL999) and counterstained with DAPI (blue). View our protocol for Fluorescent ICC Staining of Non-adherent Cells.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
This antibody reacts with Sca-1, an 18 kDa phosphatidylinositol-anchored protein that is a member of the lymphocyte antigen 6 (Ly-6) family (1). Sca-1 is encoded by the strain-specific Ly-6 E/A allelic gene. Its expression on multipotent hematopoietic stem cells (HSC) has been used as a marker of HSC in mice of both Ly‑6 haplotypes (2, 3). This antibody is frequently used in combination with lineage depletion antibodies to identify and isolate murine HSC. Sca-1-positive HSC can be found in the adult bone marrow, fetal liver and mobilized peripheral blood and spleen in the adult animal (2‑7). However, Sca-1 has also been discovered in several non‑hematopoietic tissues (1) and can be used to enrich progenitor cell populations other than HSC (8). It is suggested that Sca-1 could be involved in regulating both B and T cell activation (9‑12).
- Van de Rijn, M. et al. (1989) Proc. Natl.Acad. Sci. USA 86:4634.
- Spangrude, G.I. et al. (1988) Science 241:58.
- Spangrude, G.I. et al. (1993) Blood 82:3327.
- Morrison, S.J. et al. (1995) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 92:10302.
- Kawamoto, H. et al. (1997) Int. Immunol. 9:1011.
- Yamamoto, Y. et al. (1996) Blood 88:445.
- Morrison, S.J. et al. (1997) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 94:1908.
- Welm, B.E. et al. (2002) Dev. Biol. 245:42.
- Codias, E.K. et al. (1990) J. Immunol. 144:2197.
- Malek, T.R. et al. (1986) J. Exp. Med. 164:709 .
- Codias, E.K. et al. (1990) J. Immunol. 145:1407.
- Flood, P.M. et al. (1990) J. Exp. Med. 172:115.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Supplemental Cell Selection Products
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Mouse Sca-1/Ly6 Biotinylated Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Mouse Sca-1/Ly6 Biotinylated Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Mouse Sca-1/Ly6 Biotinylated Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image