Human Cyr61/CCN1 Antibody Summary
Accession # O00622
This antibody functions as an ELISA capture antibody when paired with Sheep Anti-Human Cyr61/CCN1 Antigen Affinity-purified Polyclonal Antibody (Catalog # AF6009).
This product is intended for assay development on various assay platforms requiring antibody pairs. We recommend the Human Cyr61/CCN1 DuoSet ELISA Kit (Catalog # DY4055) for convenient development of a sandwich ELISA or the Human Cyr61/CCN1 Quantikine ELISA Kit (Catalog # DCYR10) for a complete optimized ELISA.
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Human Cyr61/CCN1 ELISA Standard Curve. Recombinant Human Cyr61/CCN1 protein was serially diluted 2-fold and captured by Rat Anti-Human Cyr61/CCN1 Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB40551) coated on a Clear Polystyrene Microplate (Catalog # DY990). Sheep Anti-Human Cyr61/CCN1 Antigen Affinity-purified Polyclonal Antibody (Catalog # AF6009) was biotinylated and incubated with the protein captured on the plate. Detection of the standard curve was achieved by incubating Streptavidin-HRP (Catalog # DY998) followed by Substrate Solution (Catalog # DY999) and stopping the enzymatic reaction with Stop Solution (Catalog # DY994).
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Cyr61, also known as CCN1, is a 40 - 45 kDa matricellular glycoprotein that plays an important role in cellular adhesion and migration (1). Cyr61 consists of an IGFBP domain, a VWF type C domain, a TSP type I domain, and a cysteine knot domain (2). Mature human Cyr61 shares 93% amino acid sequence identity with mouse and rat Cyr61. It is widely expressed during development and in adult tissues (2, 3). Cyr61 associates with the extracellular matrix (ECM) and with many cell surface molecules including Integrins alpha V beta 3, alpha V beta 5, alpha M beta 2, and alpha 6 beta 1, Syndecan-4, and heparan sulfate proteoglycans (1, 3). Cyr61 mediates the adhesion and migration of multiple cell types and also promotes vascular endothelial cell tubule formation (4 - 6). Plasmin cleavage of ECM-bound Cyr61 releases a 28 kDa N-terminal fragment which retains the ability to promote endothelial cell migration (7). Cyr61 exhibits both tumorigenic and tumor suppressor properties. It is upregulated and promotes tumorigenesis, angiogenesis, and metastasis in breast, renal, gastric, squamous cell, and colorectal carcinomas as well as in glioma (8 - 12). In contrast, when downregulated, it suppresses tumor growth in endometrial, hepatic, and non-small cell lung cancers (8, 13, 14). Cyr61 is also upregulated in injured skin and bone where it induces the expression of growth factors, cytokines, proteases, and integrins involved in wound repair (15, 16).
- Chen, Y. and X.Y. Du (2007) J. Cell. Biochem. 100:1337.
- Jay, P. et al. (1997) Oncogene 14:1753.
- Feng, P. et al. (2008) Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 40:98.
- Chen, N. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275:24953.
- Leu, S-J. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277:46248.
- Schutze, N. et al. (2007) BMC Cell Biol. 8:45.
- Pendurthi, U.R. et al. (2005) Cancer Res. 65:9705.
- O'Kelly, J. et al. (2008) Int. J. Oncol. 33:59.
- Chintalapudi, M.R. et al. (2008) Carcinogenesis 29:696.
- Xie, D. et al. (2004) Cancer Res. 64:1987.
- Lin, M-T. et al. (2007) J. Biol. Chem. 282:34594.
- Monnier, Y. et al. (2008) Cancer Res. 68:7323.
- Tong, X. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276:47709.
- Chien, W. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279:53087.
- Hadjiargyrou, M. et al. (2000) J. Bone Miner. Res.15:1014.
- Chen, C-C. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276:47329.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human Cyr61/CCN1 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human Cyr61/CCN1 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human Cyr61/CCN1 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image