Human DLL1 Antibody Summary
Accession # AAG09716
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Detection of DLL1 in T98G Human Cell Line by Flow Cytometry. T98G human glioblastoma cell line was stained with Goat Anti-Human DLL1 Antigen Affinity-purified Polyclonal Antibody (Catalog # AF1818, filled histogram) or control antibody (Catalog # AB-108-C, open histogram), followed by Phycoerythrin-conjugated Anti-Goat IgG Secondary Antibody (Catalog # F0107).
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Delta-like protein 1 (DLL1) is a 90-100 kDa type I transmembrane protein that belongs to the Delta/Serrate/Lag-2 (DSL) family of Notch ligands. Mature human DLL1 consists of a 528 amino acid (aa) extracellular domain (ECD) with one DSL domain and eight EGF-like repeats, a 23 aa transmembrane segment, and a 155 aa cytoplasmic domain (1). Within the ECD, human DLL1 shares 91% aa sequence identity with mouse and rat DLL1. It shares 26%, 37%, and 54% aa sequence identity with DLL2, 3, and 4, respectively. A 60 kDa ECD fragment released by ADAM9, 12, or 17 mediated proteolysis, promotes the proliferation of hematopoietic progenitor cells (2, 3). The residual membrane-bound portion of DLL1 can be cleaved by presenilin-dependent gamma -secretase, enabling the cytoplasmic domain to migrate to the nucleus (4). DLL1 localizes to adherens junctions on neuronal processes through its association with the scaffolding protein MAGI1 (5). DLL1 is widely expressed, and it plays an important role in embryonic somite formation, cochlear hair cell differentiation, plus B and T lymphocyte differentiation (6-11). The upregulation of DLL1 in arterial endothelial cells following injury or angiogenic stimulation is central to postnatal arteriogenesis (12). DLL1 is also overexpressed in cervical carcinoma and glioma and contributes to tumor progression (1, 13).
- Gray, G.E. et al. (1999) Am. J. Pathol. 154:785.
- Dyczynska, E. et al. (2007) J. Biol. Chem. 282:436.
- Karanu, F.N. et al. (2001) Blood 97:1960.
- Ikeuchi, T. and S.S. Sisodia (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278:7751.
- Mizuhara, E. et al. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280:26499.
- Takahashi, Y. et al. (2003) Development 130:4259.
- Teppner, I. et al. (2007) BMC Dev. Biol. 7:68.
- Kiernan, A.E. et al. (2005) Development 132:4353.
- Schmitt, T.M. and J.C. Zuniga-Pflucker (2002) Immunity 17:749.
- Hozumi, K. et al. (2004) Nat. Immunol. 5:638.
- Santos, M.A. et al. (2007) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 104:15454.
- Limbourg, A. et al. (2007) Circ. Res. 100:363.
- Purow, B.W. et al. (2005) Cancer Res. 65:2353.
Citations for Human DLL1 Antibody
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
Citations: Showing 1 - 2
Filter your results:
Selective CDK9 inhibition overcomes TRAIL resistance by concomitant suppression of cFlip and Mcl-1.
Authors: Lemke J, von Karstedt S, Abd El Hay M, Conti A, Arce F, Montinaro A, Papenfuss K, El-Bahrawy M, Walczak H
Cell Death Differ, 2014;21(3):491-502.
Sample Types: Cell Lysates
Applications: Western Blot
Roles of Pofut1 and O-fucose in mammalian Notch signaling.
Authors: Stahl M, Uemura K, Ge C, Shi S, Tashima Y, Stanley P
J. Biol. Chem., 2008;283(20):13638-51.
Sample Types: Whole Cells
Applications: Flow Cytometry
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human DLL1 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human DLL1 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human DLL1 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image