Human Inhibin A Antibody Summary
Accession # P08476
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Detection of Human Inhibin A by Western Blot. Western blot shows lysates of HepG2 human hepatocellular carcinoma cell line and OVCAR-3 human ovarian carcinoma cell line. PVDF membrane was probed with 1 µg/mL of Mouse Anti-Human Inhibin A Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB8649) followed by HRP-conjugated Anti-Mouse IgG Secondary Antibody (Catalog # HAF018). Specific bands were detected for Inhibin A at approximately 48 & 53 kDa (as indicated). This experiment was conducted under reducing conditions and using Immunoblot Buffer Group 1.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Background: Inhibin A
Activin and Inhibin are members of the TGF-beta superfamily of cytokines and are involved in a wide range of biological processes including tissue morphogenesis and repair, fibrosis, inflammation, neural development, hematopoiesis, reproductive system function, and carcinogenesis (1‑7). Activin and Inhibin are produced as precursor proteins. Their amino terminal propeptides are proteolytically cleaved and facilitate formation of disulfide-linked dimers of the bioactive proteins (8, 9). Activins are nonglycosylated homodimers or heterodimers of various beta subunits ( beta A, beta B, beta C, and beta E in mammals), while Inhibins are heterodimers of a unique alpha subunit and one of the beta subunits. Activin A is a widely expressed homodimer of two beta A chains. The beta A subunit can also heterodimerize with a beta B or beta C subunit to form Activin AB and Activin AC, respectively (10). The 14 kDa mature human beta A chain shares 100% amino acid sequence identity with bovine, feline, mouse, porcine, and rat beta A. Activin A exerts its biological activities by binding to the type 2 serine/threonine kinase Activin RIIA which then noncovalently associates with the type 1 serine/threonine kinase Activin RIB/ALK-4 (7, 11). Signaling through this receptor complex leads to Smad activation and regulation of activin-responsive gene transcription (7, 11). The bioactivity of Activin A is regulated by a variety of mechanisms (11). BAMBI, Betaglycan, and Cripto are cell-associated molecules that function as decoy receptors or limit the ability of Activin A to induce receptor complex assembly (12‑14). The intracellular formation of Activin A can be prevented by the incorporation of the beta A subunit into Activin AC or Inhibin A (3, 10). And the bioavailability of Activin A is restricted by its incorporation into inactive complexes with alpha 2-Macroglobulin, Follistatin, and FLRG (15, 16).
- Kumanov, P. et al. (2005) Reprod. Biomed. Online 10:786.
- Maeshima, A. et al. (2008) Endocr. J. 55:1.
- Rodgarkia-Dara, C. et al. (2006) Mutat. Res. 613:123.
- Werner, S. and C. Alzheimer (2006) Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 17:157.
- Xu, P. and A.K. Hall (2006) Dev. Biol. 299:303.
- Shav-Tal, Y. and D. Zipori (2002) Stem Cells 20:493.
- Chen, Y.G. et al. (2006) Exp. Biol. Med. 231:534.
- Gray, A.M. and A.J. Mason (1990) Science 247:1328.
- Mason, A.J. et al. (1996) Mol. Endocrinol. 10:1055.
- Thompson, T.B. et al. (2004) Mol. Cell. Endocrinol. 225:9.
- Harrison, C.A. et al. (2005) Trends Endocrinol. Metab. 16:73.
- Onichtchouk, D. et al. (1999) Nature 401:480.
- Gray, P.C. et al. (2002) Mol. Cell. Endocrinol. 188:254.
- Kelber, J.A. et al. (2008) J. Biol. Chem. 283:4490.
- Phillips, D.J. et al. (1997) J. Endocrinol. 155:65.
- Schneyer, A. et al. (2003) Endocrinology 144:1671.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human Inhibin A Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human Inhibin A Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human Inhibin A Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image