Human Mer DuoSet ELISA Summary
* Provided that the recommended microplates, buffers, diluents, substrates and solutions are used, and the assay is run as summarized in the Assay Procedure provided.
This DuoSet ELISA Development kit contains the basic components required for the development of sandwich ELISAs to measure natural and recombinant human Mer. The suggested diluent is suitable for the analysis of most cell culture supernate samples. Diluents for complex matrices, such as serum and plasma, should be evaluated prior to use in this DuoSet.
Complete Your Research
Complete Your Experiment
- Optimized capture and detection antibody pairings with recommended concentrations save lengthy development time
- Development protocols are provided to guide further assay optimization
- Assay can be customized to your specific needs
- Economical alternative to complete kits
- Capture Antibody
- Detection Antibody
- Recombinant Standard
- Streptavidin conjugated to horseradish-peroxidase (Streptavidin-HRP)
Other Reagents Required
DuoSet Ancillary Reagent Kit 2 (5 plates): (Catalog # DY008) containing 96 well microplates, plate sealers, substrate solution, stop solution, plate coating buffer (PBS), wash buffer, and Reagent Diluent Concentrate 2.
The components listed above may be purchased separately:
PBS: (Catalog # DY006), or 137 mM NaCl, 2.7 mM KCl, 8.1 mM Na2HPO4, 1.5 mM KH2PO4, pH 7.2 - 7.4, 0.2 µm filtered
Wash Buffer: (Catalog # WA126), or 0.05% Tween® 20 in PBS, pH 7.2-7.4
Reagent Diluent: (Catalog # DY995), or 1% BSA in PBS, pH 7.2-7.4, 0.2 µm filtered
Substrate Solution: 1:1 mixture of Color Reagent A (H2O2) and Color Reagent B (Tetramethylbenzidine) (Catalog # DY999)
Stop Solution: 2 N H2SO4 (Catalog # DY994)
Microplates: R&D Systems (Catalog # DY990)
Plate Sealers: ELISA Plate Sealers (Catalog # DY992)
Human Mer ELISA Standard Curve
Preparation and Storage
Axl (Ufo, Ark), Dtk (Sky, Tyro3, Rse, Brt) and Mer (human and mouse orthologs of chicken c-Eyk) constitute the TAM receptor tyrosine kinase subfamily. This RTK subfamily is characterized by an extracellular domain that consists of two Ig-like motifs and two fibronectin type III motifs. These receptors bind the vitamin K-dependent protein Growth Arrest Specific Gene 6 (Gas6). Receptor activation leads to cell proliferation, migration, or the prevention of apoptosis. Cellular signaling through this family of RTKs is involved in hematopoiesis, embryonic development, tumorigenesis, and spermatogenesis.
GENERAL ELISA PROTOCOL
- Dilute the Capture Antibody to the working concentration in PBS without carrier protein. Immediately coat a 96-well microplate with 100 μL per well of the diluted Capture Antibody. Seal the plate and incubate overnight at room temperature.
- Aspirate each well and wash with Wash Buffer, repeating the process two times for a total of three washes. Wash by filling each well with Wash Buffer (400 μL) using a squirt bottle, manifold dispenser, or autowasher. Complete removal of liquid at each step is essential for good performance. After the last wash, remove any remaining Wash Buffer by aspirating or by inverting the plate and blotting it against clean paper towels.
- Block plates by adding 300 μL Reagent Diluent to each well. Incubate at room temperature for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Repeat the aspiration/wash as in step 2. The plates are now ready for sample addition.
- Add 100 μL of sample or standards in Reagent Diluent, or an appropriate diluent, per well. Cover with an adhesive strip and incubate 2 hours at room temperature.
- Repeat the aspiration/wash as in step 2 of Plate Preparation.
- Add 100 μL of the Detection Antibody, diluted in Reagent Diluent, to each well. Cover with a new adhesive strip and incubate 2 hours at room temperature.
- Repeat the aspiration/wash as in step 2 of Plate Preparation.
- Add 100 μL of the working dilution of Streptavidin-HRP to each well. Cover the plate and incubate for 20 minutes at room temperature. Avoid placing the plate in direct light.
- Repeat the aspiration/wash as in step 2.
- Add 100 μL of Substrate Solution to each well. Incubate for 20 minutes at room temperature. Avoid placing the plate in direct light.
- Add 50 μL of Stop Solution to each well. Gently tap the plate to ensure thorough mixing.
- Determine the optical density of each well immediately, using a microplate reader set to 450 nm. If wavelength correction is available, set to 540 nm or 570 nm. If wavelength correction is not available, subtract readings at 540 nm or 570 nm from the readings at 450 nm. This subtraction will correct for optical imperfections in the plate. Readings made directly at 450 nm without correction may be higher and less accurate.
Citations for Human Mer DuoSet ELISA
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
Citations: Showing 1 - 4
Filter your results:
Efficient blockade of locally reciprocated tumor-macrophage signaling using a TAM-avid nanotherapy
Authors: SJ Wang, R Li, TSC Ng, G Luthria, MJ Oudin, M Prytyskach, RH Kohler, R Weissleder, DA Lauffenbur, MA Miller
Sci Adv, 2020;6(21):eaaz8521.
Sample Types: Cell Lysates
Role of Gas6 and TAM Receptors in the Identification of Cardiopulmonary Involvement in Systemic Sclerosis and Scleroderma Spectrum Disorders
Authors: M Bellan, A Dimagli, C Piccinino, A Giubertoni, A Ianniello, F Grimoldi, M Sguazzotti, A Nerviani, M Barini, A Carriero, C Smirne, ME Burlone, C Rigamonti, R Minisini, L Salmi, MN Barbaglia, LM Castello, D Sola, P Marino, GC Avanzi, M Pirisi, PP Sainaghi
Dis. Markers, 2020;2020(0):2696173.
Sample Types: Plasma
Selective Increment of Synovial Soluble TYRO3 Correlates with Disease Severity and Joint Inflammation in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis
Authors: J Vullings, JP Vago, CEJ Waterborg, RM Thurlings, MI Koenders, PLEM van Lent, PM van der Kr, FA Amaral, FAJ van de Loo
J Immunol Res, 2020;2020(0):9690832.
Sample Types: Synovial Fluid
A FUNCTIONAL ROLE OF GAS6/TAM IN NON-ALCOHOLIC STEATOHEPATITIS PROGRESSION IMPLICATES AXL AS THERAPEUTIC TARGET
Authors: A Tutusaus, E de Gregori, B Cucarull, H Cristóbal, C Aresté, I Graupera, M Coll, A Colell, G Gausdal, JB Lorens, P García de, A Morales, M Marí
Cell Mol Gastroenterol Hepatol, 2019;0(0):.
Sample Types: Serum
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all ELISA FAQs
DuoSet Ancillary Reagent Kits
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Human Mer DuoSet ELISA
Average Rating: 4 (Based on 1 Review)
Have you used Human Mer DuoSet ELISA?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image