Human Notum Antibody Summary
Accession # Q6BXW9
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Detection of Human Notum by Western Blot. Western blot shows lysates of HepG2 human hepatocellular carcinoma cell line. PVDF membrane was probed with 2 µg/mL of Mouse Anti-Human Notum Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB9356) followed by HRP-conjugated Anti-Mouse IgG Secondary Antibody (Catalog # HAF018). Specific bands were detected for Notum at approximately 50-60 kDa (as indicated). This experiment was conducted under reducing conditions and using Immunoblot Buffer Group 1.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Notum is an evolutionarily conserved 60 kDa secreted deacylase that regulates Wnt activity (1, 2). It is tethered to
the cell surface by binding to Glypican-like sulfated proteoglycans, and it functions
as a Glypican-dependent Wnt inhibitor (1-4). Notum hydrolyzes the palmitoyl
moiety from Wnt-3a, making the Wnt more hydrophilic and unable to bind to the
Frizzled-8 receptor (1, 2). It also induces the release of cell surface
GPI-anchored proteins such as Glypican-3, Cadherin-13, and uPAR (4). Notum
regulates head regeneration in planaria (3), head formation and neural
induction in Xenopus (1), and long range activity of hedgehog proteins in
Drosophila (5). It is up-regulated in some human hepatocellular carcinomas and
colorectal cancers (6, 7). Within amino acids
81-451, human Notum shares 92% aa sequence identity with mouse and rat Notum.
- Zhang, X. et al. (2015) Dev. Cell 32:719.
- Kakugawa, S. et al. (2015) Nature 519:187.
- Petersen, C.P. and P.W. Reddien (2011) Science 332:852.
- Traister, A. et al. (2008) Biochem. J. 410:503.
- Ayers, K.L. et al. (2010) Dev. Cell 18:605.
- Torisu, Y. et al. (2008) Cancer Sci. 99:1139.
- De Robertis, M. et al. (2015) Oncotarget 6:41237.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human Notum Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human Notum Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human Notum Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image