Mouse BMP-6 Antibody Summary
Accession # P20722
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Detection of Mouse BMP‑6 by Western Blot. Western blot shows lysates of NS0 mouse myeloma cell line either mock transfected or transfected with mouse BMP‑6. PVDF membrane was probed with 1 µg/mL of Sheep Anti-Mouse BMP‑6 Antigen Affinity-purified Polyclonal Antibody (Catalog # AF6325) followed by HRP-conjugated Anti-Sheep IgG Secondary Antibody (Catalog # HAF016). For additional reference, Recombinant Mouse BMP‑6 (Catalog # 6325-BM) (10ng/lane) was included. A specific band was detected for BMP‑6 at approximately 20kDa (as indicated). This experiment was conducted under reducing conditions and using Immunoblot Buffer Group 1.
BMP‑6 in Mouse Embryo. BMP‑6 was detected in immersion fixed frozen sections of mouse embryo (15 d.p.c.) using Sheep Anti-Mouse BMP‑6 Antigen Affinity-purified Polyclonal Antibody (Catalog # AF6325) at 15 µg/mL overnight at 4 °C. Tissue was stained using the Anti-Sheep HRP-DAB Cell & Tissue Staining Kit (brown; Catalog # CTS019) and counterstained with hematoxylin (blue). Specific staining was localized to skeletal muscle cells. View our protocol for Chromogenic IHC Staining of Frozen Tissue Sections.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Bone Morphogenetic Protein 6 (BMP‑6), also known as Vgr-1, is one of at least 15 structurally and functionally related BMPs which are members of the transforming growth factor beta (TGF-beta ) superfamily. Mouse BMP‑6 is synthesized as a 510 amino acid (aa) precursor protein that is cleaved at the dibasic cleavage site (RxxR) to release the 18 kDa C‑terminal mature protein. Biologically active BMP‑6 consists of a disulfide-linked homodimer of the mature proteins (1, 2). Mature mouse BMP‑6 shares 96% and 98% aa sequence identity with human and rat BMP‑6, respectively. Cellular responses to BMP‑6 are mediated by hetero-oligomeric complexes of type I (Activin RIA/ALK-2 and BMPR-IA/ALK-3) and type II (Activin RIIA and BMPR-II) serine/threonine kinase receptors (3‑5). Glycosylation of BMP‑6 is required for its interaction with Activin RIA (6). BMP‑6 induces the expression of Noggin and is subsequently antagonized by Noggin (7, 8). BMP‑6 induces a wide range of cellular responses. It promotes osteoblast differentiation from mesenchymal stem cells (5), chondrocyte maturation (9), Ang II-induced aldosterone production in the adrenal cortex (3), hormone production and responsiveness in ovarian granulosa cells (10), iNOS and TNF-alpha production in macrophages (4), the cell death of B cells (8), and neurite outgrowth (11). BMP‑6 expression is induced in astrocytes surrounding sites of brain injury where it functions as a neuroprotectant (11, 12). BMP‑6 is upregulated during prostate cancer progression and promotes tumor cell metastasis to bone (13). Through interactions with the BMP coreceptor RGM‑C/Hemojuvelin, BMP‑6 plays an important role in iron homeostasis by promoting Hepcidin expression and preventing serum iron overload (14, 15).
- Chen, D. et al. (2004) Growth Factors 22:233.
- Lyons, K. et al. (1989) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 86:4554.
- Inagaki, K. et al. (2006) Endocrinology 147:2681.
- Hong, J.H. et al. (2008) Immunology 128:e442.
- Lavery, K. et al. (2008) J. Biol. Chem. 283:20948.
- Saremba, S. et al. (2008) FEBS J. 275:172.
- Haudenschild, D.R. et al. (2004) Cancer Res. 64:8276.
- Kersten, C. et al. (2005) BMC Immunol. 6:9.
- Grimsrud, C.D. et al. (1999) J. Bone Miner. Res. 14:475.
- Shi, J. et al. (2009) Fertil. Steril. 92:1794.
- Yabe, T. et al. (2002) J. Neurosci. Res. 68:161.
- Zhang, Z. et al. (2006) Neuroscience 138:47.
- Dai, J. et al. (2005) Cancer Res. 65:8274.
- Meynard, D. et al. (2009) Nat. Genet. 41:478.
- Andriopoulos, B. Jr. et al. (2009) Nat. Genet. 41:482.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Cell and Tissue Staining Kits
Reviews for Mouse BMP-6 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Mouse BMP-6 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Mouse BMP-6 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image