Mouse Fetuin A/AHSG Antibody
Mouse Fetuin A/AHSG Antibody Summary
Accession # NP_038493
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Background: Fetuin A/AHSG
Mouse Fetuin A, also known as alpha 2-Heremans-Schmid glycoprotein, is encoded by the AHSG gene. It has been also called "countertrypsin" because of its ability to inhibit trypsin (1). It is a major plasma protein and a member of the cystatin superfamily of protease inhibitors (2, 3). It is expressed by hepatocytes, the principal cell source, and by monocyte/macrophages (4). The major form of plasma Fetuin A corresponds to two disulfide bond-linked chains derived from the single chain (5). Fetuin-A has a number of functions. It is a negative acute-phase protein with normal circulating levels in adults (300-600 μg/mL), which fall significantly (30-50%) during injury and infection (5). It enhances entry of cationic inhibitors into macrophages (6). It inhibits both insulin receptor autophosphorylation and undesirable calcification (7, 8).
- Yamamoto, K. and H. Sinohara (1993) J. Biol. Chem. 268:17750.
- Kellemann, J. et al. (1989) J. Biol. Chem. 264:14121.
- Dziegielewska, K.M. et al. (1990) J. Biol. Chem. 265:4354.
- Dziegielewska, K.M. et al. (1996) Histochem. Cell Biol. 106:319.
- Gejyo, F. and K. Schmid (1981) Biochim. Biophys. Acta 671:78.
- Wang, H. et al. (1998) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 95:14429.
- Mathews, S.T. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell Endocrinol. 164:87.
- Schäfer, C. et al. (2003) J. Clin. Invest. 112:357.
Citations for Mouse Fetuin A/AHSG Antibody
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
Citations: Showing 1 - 2
Filter your results:
AMP activated kinase negatively regulates hepatic Fetuin-A via p38 MAPK-C/EBPbeta/E3 Ubiquitin Ligase Signaling pathway
Authors: V Kothari, JR Babu, ST Mathews
PLoS ONE, 2022-05-06;17(5):e0266472.
Sample Types: Cell Lysates
Applications: Immunoprecipitation, Western Blot
Fetuin-A deficiency protects mice from Experimental Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis (EAE) and correlates with altered innate immune response
Authors: VK Harris, L Bell, RA Langan, J Tuddenham, M Landy, SA Sadiq
PLoS ONE, 2017-04-07;12(4):e0175575.
Sample Types: Tissue Homogenates, Whole Tissue
Applications: IHC-P, Western Blot
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Mouse Fetuin A/AHSG Antibody
Average Rating: 5 (Based on 1 Review)
Have you used Mouse Fetuin A/AHSG Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image