A serum-free, chemically defined, concentrated media supplement formulated to provide optimal growth conditions for neural stem cell expansion (Catalog # AR009). N-2 MAX is composed of Recombinant Human Insulin, Human Transferrin, Putrescine, Selenite, and Progesterone. The supplement is supplied as a 100X concentrate in water.
- Recombinant Human Insulin (2500 µg/mL)
- Human Transferrin (10,000 µg/mL)
- Putrescine (1611 µg/mL)
- Selenite (0.52 µg/mL)
- Progesterone (0.63 µg/mL)
N-2 MAX Medium Preparation
Option 1: Mix the following components with deionized or distilled water to make 500 mL of medium. Adjust the pH to 7.2. Filter the solution (2 μm filter unit) and add 5 mL of 100X sterile Penicillin-Streptomycin solution (Invitrogen®, Catalog # 15140-148). The medium may be stored in the dark at 2 °C to 8 °C for up to 2 weeks.
- DMEM/F-12 (Invitrogen, Catalog # 12500-062) 6 g
- Glucose (Sigma, Catalog # G6152) 0.775 g
- Glutamine (Sigma, Catalog # G8540) 0.0365 g
- NaHCO3 (Sigma, Catalog # S5761) 0.845 g
- N-2 MAX Media Supplement (100X) 5 mL
Option 2: Dilute 100-fold with a basal media (e.g. Neurobasal Media from ThermoFisher Scientific, Catalog # 21103-049) before use. The medium may be stored in the dark at 2 °C to 8 °C for up to 2 weeks.
Expansion and Differentiation of Rat Neural Stem Cells
Invitrogen and Neurobasal are registered trademarks of Invitrogen Corp.