Rat FGF-BP Antibody
Rat FGF-BP Antibody Summary
Accession # Q9QY10
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Fibroblast growth factor binding protein (FGF-BP), also known as HBp17, is a secreted glycoprotein that increases the bioavailability of FGFs (1). Mature FGF-BP is a 34 kDa O-glycosylated protein with five conserved intrachain disulfide bonds (2‑4). FGF-BP contains a heparin-binding domain (aa 113‑146) and a distinct FGF-binding region (aa 197‑238) (5). Mature rat FGF-BP shares 54% and 81% aa sequence identity with mouse and rat FGF-BP, respectively. FGF-BP is expressed throughout development and in adult squamous epithelium (6, 7). It is upregulated in injured skin, renal tubular epithelium, and spinal nerves as well as in carcinomas of the skin, colon, and pancreas (3, 8‑11). FGF-BP binds FGF -1, -2, -7, -10, and -22 which are secreted and sequestered in the extracellular matrix (ECM) (8, 12). The interactions of FGF-BP with heparin sulfate proteoglycans (HSPG) and FGF, modulates their activities (7, 9 13, 14). FGF-BP enhances the mitogenic effects of FGFs, thereby contributing to epithelial, endothelial, and neuronal tissue repair, angiogenesis, and tumor growth (8‑10, 12, 15, 16).
- Abuharbeid, S. et al. (2006) Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 38:1463.
- Aigner, A. et al. (2000) Growth Factors 18:51.
- Tassi, E. et al. (2006) Cancer Res. 66:1191.
- Lametsch, R. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275:19469.
- Xie, B. et al. (2006) J. Biol. Chem. 281:1137.
- Aigner, A. et al. (2002) Histochem. Cell Biol. 117:1.
- Wu, D. et al. (1991) J. Biol. Chem. 266:16778.
- Beer, H.-D. et al. (2005) Oncogene 24:5269.
- Ray, P.E. et al. (2006) Am. J. Physiol. Regul. Integr. Comp. Physiol. 290:R105.
- Tassi, E. et al. (2007) Am. J. Physiol. Regul. Integr. Comp. Physiol. 293:R775.
- Kurtz, A. et al. (2004) Neoplasia 6:595.
- Tassi, E. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276:40247.
- Mongiat, M. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276:10263.
- Kurtz, A. et al. (1997) Oncogene 14:2671.
- Aigner, A. et al. (2001) Int. J. Cancer 92:510.
- Czubayko, F. et al. (1997) Nat. Med. 3:1137.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Rat FGF-BP Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Rat FGF-BP Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Rat FGF-BP Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image