Human CLC Antibody
Human CLC Antibody Summary
Accession # Q9UBD9
Complete Your Research
Complete Your Experiment
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Cardiotrophin-like cytokine (CLC) (also known as novel neurotrophin-1 (NNT-1) and B cell stimulating factor (BSF-3)) is a recently discovered 22-25 kDa member of the IL-6 family of cytokines (1, 2, 3). As such, it is expressed as a long type I cytokine with four alpha -helices in it structure (2). Human CLC is synthesized as a 225 amino acid precursor that contains a 27 aa signal sequence and a 198 aa mature region. It contains one potential N-linked glycosylation site that is apparently utilized, and two distinct binding sites for CNTFR alpha and CLF (4, 5). Although CLC has a signal sequence, it is not secreted unless noncovalently dimerized to either CLF or soluble CNTFR alpha (5, 6). Once dimerized, CLC signals through a tripartite receptor complex composed of gp130, LIFR beta and CNTFR alpha (membrane-bound) (5, 7). Within the IL-6 family, human CLC is most homologous to cardiotrophin-1, sharing approximately 29% amino acid sequence identity (8). Human to mouse, mature CLC is 96% aa identical. CLC is a trophic factor for motor neurons, a stimulator of ACTH release from corticotrophs, and an inducer of IgE synthesis and B cell proliferation (9, 10, 11). Cells known to express CLC include embryonic muscle, lung epithelium, and mesenchyme in various regions (12).
- Murakami, M. et al. (2004) Growth Factors 22:75.
- Ernst, M. & B.J. Jenkins (2004) Trends Genet. 20:23.
- Senaldi, G. et al. (1999) Proc.Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 96:11458.
- Perret, D. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 279:43961.
- Plun-Favreau, H. et al. (2001) EMBO J. 20:1692.
- Elson, G.C.A. et al. (2000) Nat. Neurosci. 3:867.
- Lelievre, E. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276:22476.
- Derouet, D. et al. (2004) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 101:4827.
- Forger, N.G. et al. (2003) J. Neurosci. 23:8854.
- Auernhammer, C.J. et al. (2003) Endocrinology 144:1202.
- Senaldi, G. et al. (2002) J. Immunol. 168:5690.
- de Bovis, B. et al. (2005) Cell Commun. Signal. 3:1.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human CLC Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human CLC Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human CLC Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image