Human GITR Ligand/TNFSF18 DuoSet ELISA Summary
* Provided that the recommended microplates, buffers, diluents, substrates and solutions are used, and the assay is run as summarized in the Assay Procedure provided.
This DuoSet ELISA Development kit contains the basic components required for the development of sandwich ELISAs to measure natural and recombinant human GITR Ligand/TNFSF18. The suggested diluent is suitable for the analysis of most cell culture supernate samples. Diluents for complex matrices, such as serum and plasma, should be evaluated prior to use in this DuoSet.
- Optimized capture and detection antibody pairings with recommended concentrations save lengthy development time
- Development protocols are provided to guide further assay optimization
- Assay can be customized to your specific needs
- Economical alternative to complete kits
- Capture Antibody
- Detection Antibody
- Recombinant Standard
- Streptavidin conjugated to horseradish-peroxidase (Streptavidin-HRP)
Other Reagents Required
DuoSet Ancillary Reagent Kit 2 (5 plates): (Catalog # DY008) containing 96 well microplates, plate sealers, substrate solution, stop solution, plate coating buffer (PBS), wash buffer, and Reagent Diluent Concentrate 2.
The components listed above may be purchased separately:
PBS: (Catalog # DY006), or 137 mM NaCl, 2.7 mM KCl, 8.1 mM Na2HPO4, 1.5 mM KH2PO4, pH 7.2 - 7.4, 0.2 µm filtered
Wash Buffer: (Catalog # WA126), or 0.05% Tween® 20 in PBS, pH 7.2-7.4
Reagent Diluent: (Catalog # DY995), or 1% BSA in PBS, pH 7.2-7.4, 0.2 µm filtered
Substrate Solution: 1:1 mixture of Color Reagent A (H2O2) and Color Reagent B (Tetramethylbenzidine) (Catalog # DY999)
Stop Solution: 2 N H2SO4 (Catalog # DY994)
Microplates: R&D Systems (Catalog # DY990)
Plate Sealers: ELISA Plate Sealers (Catalog # DY992)
Human GITR Ligand / TNFSF18 ELISA Standard Curve
Preparation and Storage
Background: GITR Ligand/TNFSF18
GITR Ligand, also known as TNFSF18 and TL6, is a transmembrane glycoprotein that is expressed on antigen presenting cells, CD4-CD8- double negative thymic precursors, vascular endothelial cells, neurons, and in the eye. Its expression is transiently upregulated by proinflammatory stimulation. The binding of GITR Ligand to GITR on mouse CD25+ Treg cells permits the reactivation of T cells from Treg-induced suppression. GITR Ligand binding to GITR additionally provides a costimulatory signal to activated CD4+ and CD8+ T cells and NK cells. This interaction also induces reverse signaling in GITR Ligand expressing dendritic cells to suppress cellular activation through the same pathway induced by the immunosuppressant dexamethasone. In the brain, GITR Ligand/GITR interactions enhance NGF-mediated neurite outgrowth from sympathetic neurons.
GENERAL ELISA PROTOCOL
- Dilute the Capture Antibody to the working concentration in PBS without carrier protein. Immediately coat a 96-well microplate with 100 μL per well of the diluted Capture Antibody. Seal the plate and incubate overnight at room temperature.
- Aspirate each well and wash with Wash Buffer, repeating the process two times for a total of three washes. Wash by filling each well with Wash Buffer (400 μL) using a squirt bottle, manifold dispenser, or autowasher. Complete removal of liquid at each step is essential for good performance. After the last wash, remove any remaining Wash Buffer by aspirating or by inverting the plate and blotting it against clean paper towels.
- Block plates by adding 300 μL Reagent Diluent to each well. Incubate at room temperature for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Repeat the aspiration/wash as in step 2. The plates are now ready for sample addition.
- Add 100 μL of sample or standards in Reagent Diluent, or an appropriate diluent, per well. Cover with an adhesive strip and incubate 2 hours at room temperature.
- Repeat the aspiration/wash as in step 2 of Plate Preparation.
- Add 100 μL of the Detection Antibody, diluted in Reagent Diluent, to each well. Cover with a new adhesive strip and incubate 2 hours at room temperature.
- Repeat the aspiration/wash as in step 2 of Plate Preparation.
- Add 100 μL of the working dilution of Streptavidin-HRP to each well. Cover the plate and incubate for 20 minutes at room temperature. Avoid placing the plate in direct light.
- Repeat the aspiration/wash as in step 2.
- Add 100 μL of Substrate Solution to each well. Incubate for 20 minutes at room temperature. Avoid placing the plate in direct light.
- Add 50 μL of Stop Solution to each well. Gently tap the plate to ensure thorough mixing.
- Determine the optical density of each well immediately, using a microplate reader set to 450 nm. If wavelength correction is available, set to 540 nm or 570 nm. If wavelength correction is not available, subtract readings at 540 nm or 570 nm from the readings at 450 nm. This subtraction will correct for optical imperfections in the plate. Readings made directly at 450 nm without correction may be higher and less accurate.
Citations for Human GITR Ligand/TNFSF18 DuoSet ELISA
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
Citations: Showing 1 - 3
Filter your results:
Th17/Treg cells imbalance and GITRL profile in patients with Hashimoto's thyroiditis.
Authors: Liu, Yingzhao, Tang, Xinyi, Tian, Jie, Zhu, Chenlu, Peng, Huiyong, Rui, Ke, Wang, Yungang, Mao, Chaoming, Ma, Jie, Lu, Liwei, Xu, Huaxi, Wang, Shengjun
Int J Mol Sci, 2014;15(12):21674-86.
Sample Types: Serum
Staphylococcal enterotoxin B inhibits regulatory T cells by inducing glucocorticoid-induced TNF receptor-related protein ligand on monocytes.
Authors: Cardona ID, Goleva E, Ou LS, Leung DY
J. Allergy Clin. Immunol., 2006;117(3):688-95.
Sample Types: Cell Culture Supernates
Glucocorticoid-induced tumour necrosis factor receptor (GITR) and its ligand (GITRL) in atopic dermatitis.
Authors: Baumgartner-Nielsen J, Vestergaard C, Thestrup-Pedersen K
Acta Derm. Venereol., 2006;86(5):393-8.
Sample Types: Plasma
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all ELISA FAQs
DuoSet Ancillary Reagent Kits
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Human GITR Ligand/TNFSF18 DuoSet ELISA
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human GITR Ligand/TNFSF18 DuoSet ELISA and earn rewards!
Have you used Human GITR Ligand/TNFSF18 DuoSet ELISA?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image