Human Granzyme B Antibody Summary
Accession # P10144
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Detection of Granzyme B by Western Blot. Western blot shows lysates of NK‑92 human natural killer lymphoma cell line and NK‑RL human natural killer lymphocytic leukemia cell line. PVDF membrane was probed with 0.5 µg/mL of Rabbit Anti-Human Granzyme B Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB29061) followed by HRP-conjugated Anti-Rabbit IgG Secondary Antibody (Catalog # HAF008). A specific band was detected for Granzyme B at approximately 34 kDa (as indicated). This experiment was conducted under reducing conditions and using Immunoblot Buffer Group 1.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Background: Granzyme B
Granzyme B is a member of the granzyme family of the serine proteases found specifically in the cytotoxic granules of cytotoxic T lymphocytes (CTL) and natural killer (NK) cells (1, 2). Granzyme B plays an essential role in granule-mediated apoptosis and may have additional roles in rheumatoid arthritis and in bacterial and viral infections (3). It activates various caspases and cleaves proteins such as aggrecan (3). Human Granzyme B is synthesized as a precursor (247 residues) with a signal peptide (residues 1-18), a pro peptide (residues 19-20), and a mature chain (residues 21-247) (4-6). The recombinant human (rh) Granzyme B consisting of residues 19-247 was expressed and purified. After being activated by active cathepsin C, rhGranzyme B cleaves a thioester substrate described previously (3).
- Kam, C-M. et al. (2000) Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1477:307.
- Smyth, M.J. et al. (1996) J. Leukoc. Biol. 60:555.
- Froelich, C.J. (2004) in Handbook of Proteolytic Enzymes, Barrett, A.J. et al. eds. pp. 1549.
- Schmid, J. and C. Weissman (1987) J. Immunol. 139:250.
- Caputo, A. et al. (1988) J. Biol. Chem. 263:6363.
- Trapani, J.A. et al. (1988) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 85:6924.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human Granzyme B Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human Granzyme B Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human Granzyme B Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image