Human Hepsin Antibody Summary
Accession # P05981
Complete Your Research
Complete Your Experiment
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Hepsin in Human Liver. Hepsin was detected in immersion fixed paraffin-embedded sections of human liver using Mouse Anti-Human Hepsin Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB47761) at 25 µg/mL overnight at 4 °C. Tissue was stained using the Anti-Mouse HRP-DAB Cell & Tissue Staining Kit (brown; Catalog # CTS002) and counterstained with hematoxylin (blue). Specific labeling was localized to the cytoplasm of hepatocytes. View our protocol for Chromogenic IHC Staining of Paraffin-embedded Tissue Sections.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Hepsin, also known as TMPRSS1, is a Type II membrane protein with an extracellular serine protease domain (1). It is most highly expressed in liver but is also present in many other tissues; most notably lung, kidney, and skeletal muscle (2). A soluble form of Hepsin lacking the transmembrane domain has been identified (3). Hepsin is capable of activating Factor VII and may initiate blood coagulation at the cell surface (4). Hepsin is over-expressed in various human tumors including prostate (5) and is considered to be a biomarker for prostate cancer (6). Recombinant human (rh) Hepsin was expressed as a secreted, soluble protein lacking its cytosolic and transmembrane domains. The D161E and R162K mutations were introduced into the prosequence to improve expression of the rhHepsin.
- Leytus, S.P. et al. (1988) Biochemistry 27:1067.
- Tsuji, A. et al. (1991) J. Biol. Chem. 266:16948.
- Li, Y. et al. (2005) Biomed. Biochim. Acta 1681:157.
- Kazama, Y. et al. (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270:66.
- Dhanasekaran, S.M. et al. (2001) Nature 412:822.
- Wu, Q. and G. Parry (2007) Front. Biosci. 12:5052.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human Hepsin Antibody
Average Rating: 5 (Based on 1 Review)
Have you used Human Hepsin Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image