Human Protocadherin gamma C3 Antibody Summary
Accession # Q9UN70
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Detection of Human Protocadherin gamma C3 by Western Blot.
Detection of Human Protocadherin gamma C3 by Western Blot.Western blot shows lysates of H4 human neuroglioma cell line and U‑118‑MG human glioblastoma/astrocytoma cell line. PVDF membrane was probed with 2 µg/mL of Mouse Anti-Human Protocadherin gamma C3 Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB8364) followed by HRP-conjugated Anti-Mouse IgG Secondary Antibody (Catalog # HAF018). A specific band was detected for Protocadherin gamma C3 at approximately 120 kDa (as indicated). This experiment was conducted under reducing conditions and using Immunoblot Buffer Group 1.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Background: Protocadherin gamma C3
Protocadherin gamma C3 is a member of the gamma subgroup of clustered protocadherins (1). Like other gamma protocadherins, mature Protocadherin gamma C3 contains six extracellular cadherin domains, a transmembrane region, and a cytoplasmic domain (2, 3). Within the ECD, human Protocadherin gamma C3 shares 91% and 92% amino acid sequence identity with mouse and rat Protocadherin gamma C3, respectively. It plays an important role in cell adhesion and cell recognition through CA2+ -dependent homophilic interaction (4). MMP-mediated shedding of gamma protocadherins and release of their cytoplasmic domain by the gamma -secretase complex results in translocation of the intracellular domain into the nucleus and transcriptional activation of target genes (5-7). Protocadherin gamma C3 is cleaved within its ectodomain by ADAM10 in fibroblasts and neuronal cells (8). Deletion of the entire protocadherin gamma gene cluster is embryonic lethal in mice (9). Protocadherin gamma C3 is most notably expressed in the nervous system (10). Conditional deletion of the protocadherin gamma gene cluster in mice affects development of retinal ganglion cells and spinal cord interneurons, resulting in decreased synapses and increased neuronal apoptosis (9, 11-14). The C-type protocadherin gamma isoforms specifically may be responsible for the increased apoptosis observed in mice lacking the entire protocadherin gamma gene cluster (15). Cortical neuron-specific deletion of the protocadherin gamma gene cluster results in dendritic arborization defects (16). The protocadherin gamma subfamily may also be involved in cerebrospinal fluid production and the maturation and differentiation of postnatally born olfactory granule cells (17, 18).
- Yagi, T. (2008) Dev. Growth Differ. 50:S131.
- Sano, K. et al. (1993) EMBO J. 12:2249.
- Kohmura, N. et al. (1998) Neuron 20:1137.
- Obata, S. et al. (1995) J. Cell Sci. 108:3765.
- Hambsch, B. et al. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280:15888.
- Haas, I.G. et al. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280:9313.
- Bonn, S. et al. (2007) Mol. Cell. Biol. 27:4121.
- Reiss, K. et al. (2006) J. Biol. Chem. 281:21735.
- Wang, X. et al. (2002) Neuron 36:843.
- Phillips, G.R. et al. (2003) J. Neurosci. 23:5096.
- Weiner, J.A. et al. (2005) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 102:8.
- Lefebvre, J.L. et al. (2008) Development 135:4141.
- Prasad, T. et al. (2008) Development 135:4153.
- Lin, C. et al. (2010) J. Biol. Chem. 285:41675.
- Chen, W.V. et al. (2012) Neuron 75:402.
- Garrett, A.M. et al. (2012) Neuron 74:269.
- Lobas, M.A. et al. (2012) J. Neurochem. 120:913.
- Ledderose, J. et al. (2013) Sci. Rep. 3:1514.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human Protocadherin gamma C3 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human Protocadherin gamma C3 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human Protocadherin gamma C3 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image