Human sFRP-4 Antibody Summary
Accession # AAC04617
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Detection of Human sFRP‑4 by Western Blot. Western blot shows lysates of OVCAR-3 human ovarian carcinoma cell line, human ovarian cancer tissue, and MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line. PVDF membrane was probed with 2 µg/mL of Goat Anti-Human sFRP-4 Antigen Affinity-purified Polyclonal Antibody (Catalog # AF1827) followed by HRP-conjugated Anti-Goat IgG Secondary Antibody (Catalog # HAF019). A specific band was detected for sFRP-4 at approximately 53-55 kDa (as indicated). This experiment was conducted under reducing conditions and using Immunoblot Buffer Group 8.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
sFRP-4, also known as DDC-4, Frp, FRPHE and Secreted Frizzled Related Protein 4, is a 50-55 kDa glycoprotein expressed in brain, kidney, lung, ovary, prostate, mammary gland, and endometrium (1, 2). This protein shows complex functions with respect to cell survival: it is up‑regulated with apoptosis during ovulation (3), regulates apoptosis in chondrocytes (4), and promotes apoptosis in mammary glands when expressed in transgenic mice (5). On the other hand, sFRP-4 can also act to enhance growth as it is up‑regulated in endometrial and breast carcinomas (6, 7). Since it is not detected in other carcinomas such as the ovary, colon, and pancreas, this suggest that its role in cancer is likely to be tissue dependent (6). In addition sFRP-4 is characterized as a circulating phosphaturic factor expressed by tumors associated with osteomalacia that antagonizes renal Wnt signaling (7). Of all the secreted frizzled related proteins, sFRP-4 is most closely related to sFRP-3 (1). Mouse and human sFRP-4 proteins share 92% aa identity.
- Jones, S.E. and C. Jomary (2002) Bioessays 24:811.
- Wolf, V. et al. (1997) FEBS Letters 417:385.
- Drake, J.M. et al. (2003) Apoptosis 8:389.
- James, I.E. et al. (2000) Osteoarthritis & Cartilage 8:452.
- Lacher, M.D. et al. (2003) Cell Death Differ. 10:528.
- Abu-Jawdeh, G. et al. (1999) Lab Investigation 79:439.
- Wong, S.C.C. et al. (2002) J. Pathology 196:145.
- Berndt, T. et al. (2003) J. Clin. Invest. 112:785.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human sFRP-4 Antibody
Average Rating: 4 (Based on 3 Reviews)
Have you used Human sFRP-4 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image