Human Siglec-9 DuoSet ELISA Summary
* Provided that the recommended microplates, buffers, diluents, substrates and solutions are used, and the assay is run as summarized in the Assay Procedure provided.
- Optimized capture and detection antibody pairings with recommended concentrations save lengthy development time
- Development protocols are provided to guide further assay optimization
- Assay can be customized to your specific needs
- Economical alternative to complete kits
- Capture Antibody
- Detection Antibody
- Recombinant Standard
- Streptavidin conjugated to horseradish-peroxidase (Streptavidin-HRP)
Other Reagents Required
PBS: (Catalog # DY006), or 137 mM NaCl, 2.7 mM KCl, 8.1 mM Na2HPO4, 1.5 mM KH2PO4, pH 7.2 - 7.4, 0.2 µm filtered
Wash Buffer: (Catalog # WA126), or equivalent
Reagent Diluent: 1% BSA in PBS, pH 7.2-7.4, 0.2 m filtered (R&D Systems Catalog # DY995). Quality of BSA is critical (see Technical Hints).
Blocking Buffer: 1% BSA in PBS, pH 7.2-7.4, 0.2 m filtered (R&D Systems Catalog # DY995). Quality of BSA is critical (see Technical Hints).
Substrate Solution: 1:1 mixture of Color Reagent A (H2O2) and Color Reagent B (Tetramethylbenzidine) (Catalog # DY999)
Stop Solution: 2 N H2SO4 (Catalog # DY994)
Microplates: R&D Systems (Catalog # DY990), or equivalent
Plate Sealers: ELISA Plate Sealers (Catalog # DY992), or equivalent
Human Siglec-9 ELISA Standard Curve
Preparation and Storage
Siglecs are I-type (Ig-type) lectins belonging to the Ig superfamily. They are characterized by an N-terminal, Ig-like V-type domain that mediates sialic acid binding, followed by varying numbers of Ig-like C2-type domains (2 to 17), a single transmembrane region, and a cytoplasmic tail. The siglecs can be broadly classified into two subgroups: Siglecs-1, -2, and -4, and a Siglec-3/CD33-related subgroup (Siglecs-3, and -5 through -13 in primates) defined by sequence similarity and clustered gene localization. They are widely expressed on hematopoietic cells, often in a cell-type-specific manner, and Siglec-4/MAG is a myelin component in Schwann cells and oligodendrocytes. Their ligands, sialic acids, are negatively charged monosaccharides found on cell-surface glycoproteins and glycolipids. Although Siglec functions continue to be defined, most have intracellular immunoreceptor tyrosine-based inhibitory motifs (ITIM), implicating them in the suppression of immunoreceptor signaling. They may also participate in cell/cell interactions or act as receptors for the entry of viral or bacterial pathogens.
GENERAL ELISA PROTOCOL
- Dilute the Capture Antibody (to the working concentration stated in the product datasheet ) in PBS without carrier protein. Immediately coat a 96-well microplate with 100 µL per well of the diluted Capture Antibody. Seal the plate and incubate overnight at room temperature.
- Aspirate each well and wash with Wash Buffer, repeating the process two times for a total of three washes. Wash by filling each well with Wash Buffer (400 µL) using a squirt bottle, manifold dispenser, or autowasher. Complete removal of liquid at each step is essential for good performance. After the last wash, remove any remaining Wash Buffer by aspirating or by inverting the plate and blotting it against clean paper towels.
- Block each well of the microplate as recommended in the product datasheet. Incubate at room temperature for a minimum of 1 hour.
Note: The recommended Reagent Diluent typically contains 1% BSA. Some DuoSet Development Kits require alternative blocking agents, or for plates to be blocked overnight with a higher percentage of BSA, please see the product datasheet for details.
- Repeat the aspiration/wash as in step 2. The plates are now ready for sample addition.
The Stop Solution suggested for use with this kit is an acid solution. Wear eye, hand, face and clothing protection when using this material.
- Add 100 µL of sample or standards in Reagent Diluent, or an appropriate diluent, per well. Cover with an adhesive strip and incubate 2 hours at room temperature.
- Repeat the aspiration/wash as in step 2 of Plate Preparation.
- Add 100 µL of the Detection Antibody, diluted in Reagent Diluent (as recommended in the product datasheet), to each well. Cover with a new adhesive strip and incubate 2 hours at room temperature.
- Repeat the aspiration/wash as in step 2 of Plate Preparation.
- Add 100 µL of the working dilution of Streptavidin-HRP to each well. Cover the plate and incubate for 20 minutes at room temperature. Avoid placing the plate in direct light.
- Repeat the aspiration/wash as in step 2.
- Add 100 µL of Substrate Solution to each well. Incubate for 20 minutes at room temperature. Avoid placing the plate in direct light.
- Add 50 µL of Stop Solution to each well. Gently tap the plate to ensure thorough mixing.
- Determine the optical density of each well immediately, using a microplate reader set to 450 nm. If wavelength correction is available, set to 540 nm or 570 nm. If wavelength correction is not available, subtract readings at 540 nm or 570 nm from the readings at 450 nm. This subtraction will correct for optical imperfections in the plate. Readings made directly at 450 nm without correction may be higher and less accurate.
Citation for Human Siglec-9 DuoSet ELISA
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
1 Citation: Showing 1 - 1
Siglec-9 is upregulated in rheumatoid arthritis and suppresses collagen-induced arthritis through reciprocal regulation of Th17/Treg cell differentiation
Authors: X Wang, D Liu, Y Ning, J Liu, X Wang, R Tu, H Shen, Q Chen, Y Xiong
Scand. J. Immunol, 2017;0(0):.
Sample Types: Serum
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all ELISA FAQs
DuoSet Ancillary Reagent Kits
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Human Siglec-9 DuoSet ELISA
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human Siglec-9 DuoSet ELISA and earn rewards!
Have you used Human Siglec-9 DuoSet ELISA?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image