Human Sirtuin 2/SIRT2 Antibody
Human Sirtuin 2/SIRT2 Antibody Summary
Accession # Q8IXJ6
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Background: Sirtuin 2/SIRT2
Sirtuin 2, encoded by the SIRT2 gene, is also known as SIR2 (silent information regulator 2)-like protein 2. It is a nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD)-dependent histone/protein deacetylase (1, 2). The SIR2 family of enzymes is classified as class III histone deacetylases (HDACs) and has been implicated in many cellular processes that include histone deacetylation, gene silencing, chromosomal stability, and aging (3, 4). Unlike class I and class II HDACs, the enzymatic activity of class III HDACs is NAD dependent and insensitive to HDAC inhibitor trichostatin A (5).
- Frye, R.A. (1999) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 260:273.
- North, B.J. et al. (2003) Mol. Cell. 11:437.
- North, B.J. and Verdin, E. (2004) Genome Biol. 5:224.
- Marmorstein, R. (2004) Biochem. Soc. Trans. 32:904.
- Gray, S.G. and Ekstrom, T.J. (2001) Exp. Cell Res. 262:75.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
ExactaChIP Chromatin Immunoprecipitation Kits
Reviews for Human Sirtuin 2/SIRT2 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human Sirtuin 2/SIRT2 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human Sirtuin 2/SIRT2 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image