Human Slit2 Antibody
Human Slit2 Antibody Summary
Accession # O94813-1
This antibody functions as an ELISA capture antibody when paired with Mouse Anti-Human Slit2 Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB54443).
This product is intended for assay development on various assay platforms requiring antibody pairs.
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Slit Homolog 2 (Slit2) is a member of the Slit family of secreted extracellular matrix glycoproteins that are best known for their role in axon guidance (1). It is widely expressed in the developing and adult brain and spinal cord, as well as in fetal lung and kidney, and the adult adrenal gland, thyroid gland, and trachea (1-3). Slit2 is composed of multiple domains including seven EGF-like domains, twenty Leucine-rich repeats (LRRs), one Laminin G-like domain, one C-terminal cysteine knot-like (CTCK) domain, and four N-terminal and four C-terminal LRR domains (1, 3). Slit2 has a molecular weight of approximately 200 kDa (4). However, proteolytic cleavage between the fifth and sixth EGF-like domains produces a membrane-bound 140 kDa N-terminal protein, termed Slit2-N, and a 55-60 kDa C-terminal fragment, termed Slit2-C (4, 5). Mature human Slit2 shares 96% amino acid sequence identity with the mouse and rat orthologs. Slit2 has been shown to have various important functions in the nervous system. Slit2 induces growth cone collapse, inhibits oligodendrocyte precursor cell migration, and promotes axon elongation, branch formation, and fasciculation (5-9). Slit2 C-terminal fragment can mediate axon guidance through binding to Plexin A1 receptor (10). Slit2-C has also been shown to bind to Glypican-1 and promote motor axon migration (5). Outside the nervous system, C-terminal fragment of Slit2 activates a thermogenic PKA pathway in adipocytes and improves glucose homeostasis (11).
- Ypsilanti, A.R. et al. (2010) Development 137:1939.
- Itoh, A. et al. (1998) Brain Res. Mol. Brain Res. 62:175.
- Holmes, G.P. et al. (1998) Mech. Dev. 79:57.
- Chédotal, A. (2007) Adv. Exp. Med. Biol. 621:65.
- Nguyen Ba-Charvet, K.T. et al. (2001) J. Neurosci. 21:4281.
- Wang, K.H. et al. (1999) Cell 96:771.
- Wong, E.V. et al. (2004) J. Neurobiol. 59:66.
- Liu, X. et al. (2012) J. Biol. Chem. 287:17503.
- Jaworski, A. and Tessier-Lavigne, M. (2012) Nat. Neurosci. 15:367.
- Delloye-Bourgeois, C. et.al. (2014) Nat. Neurosci. 18(1):36.
- Svensson, K.J. et al. (2016) Cell Metabolism. 23:1.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human Slit2 Antibody
Average Rating: 4 (Based on 1 Review)
Have you used Human Slit2 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image